• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Get ready for OTA!!! (Build 494 and Software number 605.2)

I wonder if this affects being able to root in the future?

<I don't know why I posted this. Obviously no one will know until the phone is rooted what firmware will work. The update has a change in firmware so plausibly holes get plugged with this update. I know one day I will want to root but those update notifications are annoying. There's got to be a process to kill for that.>

Upvote 0
Lotsa posts on this. Lotsa claims of "this works better/worse than before". The only change being acknowledged by VZW is the fix for a bug in the mail client that was causing "reply to all" to decide random extra contacts from your Inc wanted a copy of the email too...

I know about that one, but that was only issued to corporate users. I bought mine retail at best buy so I shouldn't have received that same update. Thats why I think it is a different one.

Upvote 0
I know about that one, but that was only issued to corporate users. I bought mine retail at best buy so I shouldn't have received that same update. Thats why I think it is a different one.

Actually because it is an issue on the phone, you still get it too. While it may only affect corporate, you could switch at any time. As such, you need to have the update. They obviously gave the corporates the update first, as they had priority due to it immediately affecting them ( and paying more..money is always a factor. )

It's the same update. Sorry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones