• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Get ready for OTA!!! (Build 494 and Software number 605.2)

The Exchange bug is a fairly massive blunder for such a mission critical app. Is Android mostly for "toy" phones? :)

No. It is a huge oversight but there things that come up that testing sometimes cannot find. Sometimes the phones have to be "in the wild" for things like this to come up. I know it does not make sense, but trust me, I used to configure Point of Sale servers and many issues would not happen until after install and the client had been using them for awhile. In testing things can work fine, but in the wild can have issues. It's the nature of IT unfortunately.

Upvote 0
You guy have to understand that as soon as any smart is released there will be an OTA simply because alot of development has occured while all these phones have been sitting in their boxes for months while stock was being Mfred.

This guy amazes me.

Every post i have read from him he tries to seem like some Almighty God and talk down on everyone like he's smarter then anyone on this forum.

And 90% of his posts are incorrect.

Tool.

Upvote 0
No. It is a huge oversight but there things that come up that testing sometimes cannot find.

Of course and the bug is obviously being fixed immediately as it should be. Android would really have to try hard to surpass MS in releasing bugged software.

The "Android is for toy phones" thing is just a running joke I use to needle a few friends who are just a little too enthusiastic about Android and their phones.

Upvote 0
anyone notice problems with vzw servers?
site has been slow today
and early in the a.m. i was going to download an new updated rom for my omnia that i am giving to friend .
the download speed from servers was in the dial up range
over an hour to download a 200mb file.

Could this be affecting update?

Upvote 0
Do you mean yahoo, google, outlook etc? I have multiple google calenders that all show up just fine.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Thanks, maybe you can help me. My primary gmail calendar shows up but I can't get my google accounts (on my domain) calendar to show up.

I had no trouble adding 3 email accounts - gmail, yahoo and google email for domains (basically gmail on my domain) - just can't figure out how to add that calendar. The ability to add calendar is not 'clickable'...see my original post here...its frustrating because I know it's supposed to be do-able...

http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-incredible/70751-wont-let-me-add-new-calendar.html

Upvote 0
I don't think location would matter with regards to getting the update. As demonstrated by the Moto Droid and their BB OTAs, VZW pushes them out based on the last digit of the phone number, IIRC. Additionally, only a small group of people get the update first. If that tests out ok more get it every few days until they have full distribution.

So, no update here, last digit: 2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones