1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Get rid of smilies

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flabbedeius, Aug 23, 2011.

1. flabbedeius

flabbedeius Lurker

Hi,

I just bought the galaxy S2. When I'm sending text messages i use smilies, and so do the responders. I am used to type smilies like :p or :-$. However, the phone just makes these androidsmilies of it, which i think are not that nice. I prefer just the :p or :-$ stuff. Also the smilies to which they are made are different from the ones me and my friends use :)-$ gets the dollar signed eyes, but should be blushing).

So either way I am wondering how I can turn this converting off or delete the smilies. Or at least, if this is not possible, if i can change them to the right ones. Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance!

Flabbedeius

Advertisement

2. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

I use an app called Handcent, look it up on the market, its good, got hundreds of smileys if you want them, I just use the standard Handcent ones, they pretty much cover everything, you can customise just about anything to suit your needs.

KTZ811 likes this.
  3. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert

yeah looks like the stock messaging app does that. like evohicks mentioned, check out another messaging app, handcent seems to be the most customizable and therefore popular :D Go SMS is another one ive heard is great

KTZ811 likes this.
  4. lankunit

lankunit Member

When you send the message and the recipient receives it, he will get the symbols instead of the emoticon unless your both using android handsets. The easiest solution would be to use a 3rd party messaging app. Like Handcent or Go-sms from the android market.

5. KTZ811

KTZ811 Lurker

thank you all for the helpful tips! I'm LOVING my SGS2 even more with all these customizations <3

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews