• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Get text off a broken phone and put on new phone

Alf83

Lurker
Apr 22, 2022
I have an LG Stylo 6 that I demolished the screen on. It still turns on and I was able to borrow another Stylo 6 to navigate to allow transfers so it would pull up when I plugged it into the pc. I tried to do debugging the same way but it was too many steps for this half working zero visibility phone. I use my old text heavily for work. I really need them on my new phone. I figured I could get them off phone to computer and then switch. It seems there is only a free option for samsung, not lg. My new phone is a Samsung A52. There are paid apps but I do not even think they would do what I need so I hate to try. It seems like this would not be that difficult but it is. I tried the samsung switch. The one on my computer needed updated which did not work so I uninstalled it. Then I added all that was left in the world to add (similar) which was samsung mobile switch and it did not work either. I tried droidkit, dr fone, data recovery, and a couple more that I forgot the name of.

What is so frustrating is that my text have always transferred over via google account but did not this time. Neither did my image gallery (only google photos which ( do not even use). So I lost my neatly organized gallery folders of thousands of pictures. And my text did not transfer. Some stuff did transfer. I do not know if I turned a setting off the phone by accident at some point or what. I did try to find an option that would allow me to add that setting for all devices and maybe it would then back them up. I couldn't even find a setting to save text on one device, much less 2. Asking google did not help either. The text where on the text app that automatically came on the phone which I assume was LG messages or maybe just a standard on most droids. It was not on google messages or whatsapp. Also I did not have google chat selected (I heard it saves them). I have ran out of options and my job is a nightmare. Any ideas or not to difficult ways to do this?

I have an LG Stylo 6 that I demolished the screen on. It still turns on and I was able to borrow another Stylo 6 to navigate to allow transfers so it would pull up when I plugged it into the pc. I tried to do debugging the same way but it was too many steps for this half working zero visibility phone. I use my old text heavily for work. I really need them on my new phone. I figured I could get them off phone to computer and then switch. It seems there is only a free option for samsung, not lg. My new phone is a Samsung A52. There are paid apps but I do not even think they would do what I need so I hate to try. It seems like this would not be that difficult but it is. I tried the samsung switch. The one on my computer needed updated which did not work so I uninstalled it. Then I added all that was left in the world to add (similar) which was samsung mobile switch and it did not work either. I tried droidkit, dr fone, data recovery, and a couple more that I forgot the name of.

What is so frustrating is that my text have always transferred over via google account but did not this time. Neither did my image gallery (only google photos which ( do not even use). So I lost my neatly organized gallery folders of thousands of pictures. And my text did not transfer. Some stuff did transfer. I do not know if I turned a setting off the phone by accident at some point or what. I did try to find an option that would allow me to add that setting for all devices and maybe it would then back them up. I couldn't even find a setting to save text on one device, much less 2. Asking google did not help either. The text where on the text app that automatically came on the phone which I assume was LG messages or maybe just a standard on most droids. It was not on google messages or whatsapp. Also I did not have google chat selected (I heard it saves them). I have ran out of options and my job is a nightmare. Any ideas or not to difficult ways to do this?
If you're referring to SMS text messages, "SMS Backup and Restore" is a great app to do it

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones