• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Get the HTC DNA or Wait for GS4

Stuball76

Lurker
Nov 22, 2009
Greetings,

I figured that this was the best forum to post since this does not have to do with one phone in particular, but a opinion based question on an existing phone versus a rumored one.
I am currently searching for a new phone and I am on Verizon. I was looking at the Galaxy S3 versus the new HTC DNA. I was leaning towards the DNA mainly because of the screen and quad core processor. I wanted something that was "future proof". But, the battery was my only main concern on this. The storage, for me, was not a concern due to the fact that I don't do a lot of downloading from the cloud. If I need something, I download it onto my PC and then transfer it and remove it as needed.
But, I read that the Samsung Galaxy S4 was rumored to be coming out in April. I did some searching and it's going to have the better battery (rumored to be a 2600mAh) along with a 1080 resolution screen. The processor would be a quad core as well and in addition to that would have a 2 gig memory, 16 gig internal and be upgradable to 64 gigs for the microSD card. But, these specs are merely rumored outside of the screen size due to a few things listed then taken down by order of Samsung by other companies.
But, I get back to the fact that these specs are "rumored" and not confirmed. I do want a new phone since I am currently using the original RAZR phone. I would like a bigger screen and faster processor since I plan on focusing on starting an ebay business along with my future profession (studying to be a IT Network Engineer).
So, I would want a beast of a machine so that it is future proof for a bit. I don't want to purchase a phone and then realize that one coming out is going to be so much better.
So, I ask the masses, in your opinion, what would you do if you were in my shoes? Get the DNA now or wait for the Galaxy S4 when it comes out?

Much thanks in advance. I am an impulse buyer and don't want to make the wrong decision since I'll be upgrading and losing my "unlimited" status for data and getting the "share your wallet" plan with Verizon.

If you can wait then you should, it's only a few months away.

However there's nothing wrong with the HTC DNA so if you buy one i'm sure you won't have any issues with it, but if the rumoured specs of the S4 are correct you could have some serious phone envy come April.

Personally I don't like non-removable batteries and the lack of an sd-card is a big problem for me.

Upvote 0
I have to agree. The DNA looks nice, and people I know who have it speak highly of it, but we're at the time of year when there will be a rash of new releases and announcements in the near future, so if you are unsure then just wait a little until you know for real what is coming out this Spring and can be sure you're making the right choice.

To be honest, although the specs are only rumours, it's a pretty safe bet that the S3 replacement will be at 1080p screen and at least quad core, and it will be a big surprise if Samsung drop the SD expansion and removable battery, so if those things matter to you it's probably wise to wait. No promises though.

(Me, I'm good at waiting. I'm currently watching rumours of the HTC M7, Samsung S4 and Motorola X, or any sign of a Nexus 4 storage upgrade on the same timescale ;)).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones