• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Get the VZW Extended Battery FREE!

Maybe it depends who you talk to. I just called Verizon Tech who said they had not heard of any battery issues, after complaining for 30 minutes they said the best they could do was take 50% off the extended battery.

They also suggested I get a task killer from the market. (Even though I have one already and just didn't tell them) I told them HTC recommends against them and that I should not have to pick up a third party app to get the phone to work properly.

When they said it was working properly just that the device is very demanding I told them of the fast drop off from 100% to 90% in the first 15 minutes and about the "bump" charge, and they also said they never heard of that.......... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I called tech support last week with same issue. I actually use mine as a phone more than anything. Today 6 text messages 3 emails and 1 hour 45 min talk time and 5 hours standby and mine is at 10% . Same.usage as my mot. Droid but would of atleast lasted 8 hours. Tech support told me they were unawre of and battery issues..

Upvote 0
True, over the last day I didn't use the phone a ton. The display time doesn't account for time using the music player with the screen off, though which was a bit here and there. I also always have Gmail push on and a few apps syncing throughout the day.

Anyway, not that it's a competition, just trying to point out the battery life isn't "terrible." When my display is on, I'm usually surfing the net, which sucks battery life as well. So not all "display use" is equal.

I also frequently use the GPS and bluetooth and get similar battery life.

Someone in another thread seemed shocked anyone's battery could last more than a day with more than an hour of display use. Who knows? I just know I'm not complaining and find some people expect a bit too much.

I agree, I'm 100% happy with the phone, and brag about it any chance I get.

Upvote 0
You've been saying the same thing for a few posts now. Some of us do have battery issues. Just because you don't doesn't mean others wont. Depends on how you use the phone and everyone uses it differently. I use my phone mainly for texting and I can make it from 8am to 2pm. If I use internet, even less since it goes down 1% per minute. Not being able to go on my IM client because I want my battery to last me until I get home is pathetic. I'm happy with the customer service I got and will be looking forward to my free extended battery.

Upvote 0
Wow, that's awsome! Congrats.

...I ordered the $15 1500 battery which reports here say is really good. I am not too unhappy at having to spend $15 since I wouldn't like the extra bulk of Verizons one but it's nice to see that they are taking care of it either way!

I did the same thing. I like my 1500mah battery, but the seller (from Hong Kong) didn't tell me it was used. Then I got in a discussion with the moderator of Battery Boss and he said, does your battery have subtle signs of wear? Sure enough, nothing serious, but definitely more light scuffing than you'd expect from a new battery. At $15 it's still WAY cheaper than Amazon. BTW, this is the first time I've been deceived on eBay.

Upvote 0
What did youguys tell your reps to get such good discounts?
I called today and the first guy said no discount is available on any accessories. I called back again and at first the rep only gave me 25% but then i bitched some more and she gave me 30%. I was tired of being on the phone for so long so i was just like fine. I wish i could have gotten 50% atleast.

Upvote 0
I have had an iphone 3G, 3GS, a Moto Droid, Eris, Ally, and Incredible. None had great battery life - I'm a heavy user. I used to wish they'd make it through an 8 hour workday but got over that fantasy. These devices do a lot therefore they use a lot of juice. Thankfully our phones come with the extended battery option - unlike iPhones. Until battery tech catches up to mobile tech, don't expect much more.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
I really would love to know what you people getting less than half a day of battery life do on your phones. Either you don't interact with humans, have 100 social networking site widgets running, or have something setup incorrectly. I use my phone a fair amount and get 24-30 hours on average with the stock battery. So do a few other people I know with Incredibles. I'm not going to go thru all my settings again (I have other posts detailing them more), but I run a bunch of widgets, display at 50%, and always surf the net on 3G.

I would hardly call it a known "problem." Sure, the battery life could be better, but neither HTC nor Verizon advertised this phone as having the best battery life. Even so, it still works just fine.

That said, Verizon customer service continues to be at the top of its game by giving you a free $60 battery. I just don't think it's necessary that you still complain about it. Be thankful you got anything, most companies would tell you "too bad."

I literally had 85% of my phone filled with widgets, as in Beautiful Home or Sense clock, LED flashlight widget, settings widgets, Pandora, Slacker, Music, TuneWiki, Facebook, Twitter, Search, 2 battery widgets, etc. on both a Moto and an Eris (getting the DInc soon, psyched) and the battery life wasn't that bad. I think it's the contacts sync battery bug blocking sleep. I'm still going to try to get the extended battery free, though. :D

Upvote 0
I literally had 85% of my phone filled with widgets, as in Beautiful Home or Sense clock, LED flashlight widget, settings widgets, Pandora, Slacker, Music, TuneWiki, Facebook, Twitter, Search, 2 battery widgets, etc. on both a Moto and an Eris (getting the DInc soon, psyched) and the battery life wasn't that bad. I think it's the contacts sync battery bug blocking sleep. I'm still going to try to get the extended battery free, though. :D
What is the contacts sync battery bug? How do I know if I have it. What does contacts sync do, and do I need it? Thanks.

Upvote 0
I dont think there is a battery problem, there is a public perception problem. These newer phones are more like a laptop than a phone and the more we do on them the more battery we use. My blackberries had good battery life until you added twitter, new readers, and etc... The standard incredible battery is a bit small and it should have came with a 1500ma, but its still usable and will get your through a day with normal use. If you use it like a phone it will make it through a day no problem (calls and txts).

I had someone at work point out to me (they have a evo) that if you think of it more like a laptop and plug it in when you can you will have no problems.

If you need more battery then upgrade, but lets stop bashing VZ or HTC for what is more of a user issue than a device problem. Every smart phone I have ever had could benefit from more battery, so this is no different, but it sure does a whole lot more....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones