• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root "get vvm working for aosp ect"

wolfu

Jun 11, 2012
Minneapolis
For the hell of it I downloaded the VVM zip over at xda
Sprint-VVM-from-E4GT-ICS-FE10.zip
I am currently running AOKP I know it says ICS but I figured what the heck right. I tried the VM ones and they caused boot loops this one didn't.
From there I opened it and could play the greeting. then I called myself and left a message got a goofy android text which is annoying so I used my call blocker ap to block unknown texts and left myself another message still nothing tried one more time and within 1 minute I got a VVM notifacition. opened it and all 3 were there clicked and listed to them :smokingsomb:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-02-23-50-45.png111.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-02-23-50-45.png111.png
    295.3 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 0
I guess so.... I'm sorry I didn't think anyone got it working don't mean to be redundant.
No no need to apologize. I just linked that for a Sprint user on an AOSP ROM earlier today, but it didn't even cross my mind that it might work on VM too. I'm glad you had the initiative to test it. :thumbup:

I'm a Google Voice user so I haven't played around much with VVM.

ramjet73

Upvote 0
Tried that. Now getting the black list notification and the texts still coming through occasionally. Still not showing up in VVM.

I'm using Blocker 4.93.
I didn't see the Voice mails until after I rebooted the phone not sure if this has anything to do with it or not.

Edit: Just tried t send a voice mail and it didn't go through.. turned off call blocker and sent another and recieved all the VVM so I guess call blocker has nothing to do with it.

Upvote 0
So you are able to receive VVM as well ?

I got it to work on Mazda AOKP the other day, but haven't messed with it since I've been experimenting with Pacman/CM10, etc. All test voicemails came through, but I was getting double notifications from the Rom and the VVM app. Redlist blocked the 9016 texts from the 4 test messages I did.

I had the zip for VVM from some post ages ago (Think it was sometime around JMZ's CM9), and it worked then. Of course it came with that 9016 text message, and I just gave up and went back to Sense.

There were two really odd issues with AOKP, but I'm not sure if it was because of the VVM or just the Rom itself. Two test messages, prior to using Redlist, caused two different issues that forced me to battery pull. One created a permanent vibrate, and the other created an insane alarm-like sound out of the loud speaker with no way to stop it.

I'm going to try it on g60's CM10 sometime today so I'll update then.

Upvote 0
I got it to work on Mazda AOKP the other day, but haven't messed with it since I've been experimenting with Pacman/CM10, etc. All test voicemails came through, but I was getting double notifications from the Rom and the VVM app. Redlist blocked the 9016 texts from the 4 test messages I did.

I had the zip for VVM from some post ages ago (Think it was sometime around JMZ's CM9), and it worked then. Of course it came with that 9016 text message, and I just gave up and went back to Sense.

There were two really odd issues with AOKP, but I'm not sure if it was because of the VVM or just the Rom itself. Two test messages, prior to using Redlist, caused two different issues that forced me to battery pull. One created a permanent vibrate, and the other created an insane alarm-like sound out of the loud speaker with no way to stop it.

I'm going to try it on g60's CM10 sometime today so I'll update then.

I'm on AOKP and haven't had any issues since I installed it works perfectly.
Thanks

Upvote 0
I'm gonna play around with vvm today. I'm curious to see if the virgin mobile version will work with G60s cm10 as his Rom correctly notifies when you have a vm.

I just tried it and I got:

Error T30: Communication with the Voicemail-to-Text server has failed. We will continue to verify your Voicemail-to-Text account status in the background.

Voicemail service will not be interrupted while we verify the account status.

So I assume it doesn't work. on g60's CM10.

Edit: Now it seems to be working but it's only a 30 day trial?? Really?

Edit 2: I guess the trial is the Voice to Text thing.

Upvote 0
I just tried it and I got:

Error T30: Communication with the Voicemail-to-Text server has failed. We will continue to verify your Voicemail-to-Text account status in the background.

Voicemail service will not be interrupted while we verify the account status.

So I assume it doesn't work. on g60's CM10.

Edit: Now it seems to be working but it's only a 30 day trial?? Really?

I think it gives this error when you don't have good service and it can't connect. Also were you using vm or sprint version?

I don't care about vvm as much as I do just an icon in the notification bar rather than a text message, on DIRT 3.5.2 AOKP. :\

Yeah same here that text is getting annoying. Vvm is a nice perk though

Upvote 0
I'm using the one listed above, so I'm assuming it's the Sprint version. I didn't know there was a Virgin Mobile version too.

Perhaps they are the same I'm not 100 percent sure but I've seen one labeled as virgin and one as sprint. If someone on sense can test the sprint version then we would know for sure. A good reason to upload the apks to op so we're all on the same page.

By the way is it working for you, can you actually listen to voicemails?

Upvote 0
Perhaps they are the same I'm not 100 percent sure but I've seen one labeled as virgin and one as sprint. If someone on sense can test the sprint version then we would know for sure. A good reason to upload the apks to op so we're all on the same page.

By the way is it working for you, can you actually listen to voicemails?

No, it's not working. Left myself a voicemail and it never showed up in VVM. I did get the text from 9016 that I had a voicemail though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones