1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support "Get Your Apps & Data" after setup

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    I was under the impression that during the setup process for my new Galaxy S7, I would be presented by Android with a "Get Your Apps & Data" feature for restoring apps and app data to my new device from my old device. For whatever reason though, I never encountered that during setup.

My question: is there a way for me to access (and execute) this "Get Your Apps & Data" function now, AFTER setup has already been completed?

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    Go to the playstore and look under "all apps" you should see everything you've ever installed

3. flatstick96

flatstick96 Newbie
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Yes, I found them there. If I install them to the new device from there, will all of the app data from my previous device be preserved, or will they be a "fresh" install?

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

Fresh install. However app data should be restored once you sign in to Google+ or Facebook in the app. Provided you did sign in previously and the app supports Google App Backup.

5. Jinxii

Jinxii Newbie
    None

Mar 13, 2016
    Other than the play store list of apps downloaded prior, there's Smart Switch, which on prior devices needed to be downloaded, but is built into the S7. To access, go into settings > backup > Smart Switch. Connect your new and old phone together, and you can transfer other stuff like photos, wallpaper, docs, videos, and even apps. As for the app data itself like game saves, I do not believe that information is transferable, but if it is, it'd be ported with the apps on Smart Switch if no where else.

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

That's if his previous phone is a Samsung supported by Smart Switch.