1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GetJar app downloads failing on Coby MID7012

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by MalwareFighter, Dec 25, 2011.

1. MalwareFighter

Hi all,

I just got the Coby MID7012 Android tablet for Christmas and I'm having some trouble installing apps. When I use the program that comes with it (GetJar), it keeps saying "The download failed, please try again later." The only app I was able to install was Angry Birds. I'm trying to install Facebook and Twitter.

PLEASE help.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

If the MID7012 is wifi only, some stuff won't run. Check the permissions.
    I've found the apk files for some things that will run on my phone (Same flavor of OS)
    but won't run on the MID7024.

I also have apps that Market says won't run, that do. Go figure.

My 7024 does have an installer for apk. You talk about slow! It sounds like the app might be checking to see about connection, GPS, phone number, etc.

Big discussion about FB wanting your phone number on a different site. Twitter, I'm not sure.

UssjTrunks likes this.
  3. KegHead

KegHead Member

Hi!

I have a 7012 and I'm unable to download and use many apps.

The best download I've made is Go launcher from the app store.

KegHead

4. UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks Android Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip. I was having the same problem on my Nexus S until I turned off wi-fi and started downloading from 3G. Everything works now.

If you only have wifi on your device, try downloading the apps from another wifi network (i.e. Starbucks or your school). It's possible that the security settings on your home router are interfering with the downloads.

5. saralonde

saralonde Lurker

I had the same download-failed messages on my version of the MID7012. I needed to root the device (SuperOneClick worked via ZergRush) and then change the LCD density in build.prop to 160 for Android Market to recognize it as compatible with most apps. Worked wonderfully after that!

If you can get the .apk files from another device, you can install them on the Coby with the APK installer and they'll work fine without the LCD Density change or needing root. But apps from GetJar and Android Market won't download without the change.

(Sorry for no links... new user. Google "SuperOneClick" for root, and "LCD Density build.prop" for the screen-resolution fix.)