• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gets dropped from wifi

Gtablet, have had it about a week. Still stock, as I read about the hacks.
worked great the first 3-4 days, but for the last 3-4 days it won't stay connected when I use the internet. Haven't been able to find a pattern, seems totally random. Tried it in 2 other locations, did same thing.
My Lenova laptop and other devices have no problem.

Am thinking it it might well be a hardware problem as opposed to software.
Reluctant to change ROM at this point.

Any suggestions?

Gtablet, have had it about a week. Still stock, as I read about the hacks.
worked great the first 3-4 days, but for the last 3-4 days it won't stay connected when I use the internet. Haven't been able to find a pattern, seems totally random. Tried it in 2 other locations, did same thing.
My Lenova laptop and other devices have no problem.

Am thinking it it might well be a hardware problem as opposed to software.
Reluctant to change ROM at this point.

Any suggestions?

I would tend to agree that it may be hardware. Read a lot o posts but no one complaining about droping signal. If all your other devices are fine with the same router, same environment I'd consider a return. Then flash a new Rom and away you go

Upvote 0
That's still an issue in my opinion if flash is causing your wifi to drop. Where did you get the flash apk?

When you're ready I think you should install a custom rom and kernel to see if it fixes wifi. So you can have flash working. Flash plays very well on the gtab and it would be a shame if you can't use it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones