• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gettin laggy choppy video recording?

qwiktune

Feb 17, 2010
USA
So I noticed that sometimes when I record with my Fascinate I get laggy playback, like here and the the FPS will be glitchy slow [sound included, like quick laggy repeating]. Kinda like there isnt enough memory or something for it to run smooth every once in awhile. I dont have much stuff running when recording. Playback is laggy even on the computer so I think the issue is with it recording. I notice that when I look at the screen [even before recording] i notice a bit of lag in whatever Im lookin at [which is prob whats causing the lag issue of the sound as well at those points when the video lags]. I did some searching around and heard people saying that it could be the SD Card, i mean this is the one that came with the phone, but anyone ever run into this issue and how could i go about resolving it?

Oh and i'm running ADW Launcher, I dunno if that might have anything to do with it?

I started up the camera when into the task manager and ended ADW Launcher then tried recording in the same Resolution [720x480] and it seemed to run a bit smoother with less to no faults...CPU usage issue maybe? If so, any suggestions on what do try to do so I dont have to close ADWLauncher all the time?

Upvote 0
You're not alone. I just noticed mine doing this today as well. While filming, the screen would lag a bit as I panned left or right. Also my videos saved to my card are a bit jittery during playback. When vids were transfered to my PC, they played with the same choppiness. Maybe I should re-format my sd card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones