1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gettin laggy choppy video recording?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by qwiktune, Feb 5, 2011.

1. qwiktune

qwiktune Member

So I noticed that sometimes when I record with my Fascinate I get laggy playback, like here and the the FPS will be glitchy slow [sound included, like quick laggy repeating]. Kinda like there isnt enough memory or something for it to run smooth every once in awhile. I dont have much stuff running when recording. Playback is laggy even on the computer so I think the issue is with it recording. I notice that when I look at the screen [even before recording] i notice a bit of lag in whatever Im lookin at [which is prob whats causing the lag issue of the sound as well at those points when the video lags]. I did some searching around and heard people saying that it could be the SD Card, i mean this is the one that came with the phone, but anyone ever run into this issue and how could i go about resolving it?

Oh and i'm running ADW Launcher, I dunno if that might have anything to do with it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

I've heard about the SD card being at fault myself... however, I don't think the SD card is the problem. I was having the same problem as well. This is what I did - Go into video settings and set the resolution to a lower settings. Record a video and check out the playback difference.

Good luck..

3. qwiktune

qwiktune Member

I started up the camera when into the task manager and ended ADW Launcher then tried recording in the same Resolution [720x480] and it seemed to run a bit smoother with less to no faults...CPU usage issue maybe? If so, any suggestions on what do try to do so I dont have to close ADWLauncher all the time?

4. qwiktune

qwiktune Member

Oh and I tried making the resolution lower, but it still does it here n there....is anyone else gettin this problem or is it just me? I'm stumped on what could be causing it to do this

5. qwiktune

qwiktune Member

Guess i'm the only one with this issue?

6. ed2468

ed2468 Lurker

You're not alone. I just noticed mine doing this today as well. While filming, the screen would lag a bit as I panned left or right. Also my videos saved to my card are a bit jittery during playback. When vids were transfered to my PC, they played with the same choppiness. Maybe I should re-format my sd card.

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews