1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Getting a little impatient

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by skater57, Dec 20, 2011.

1. skater57

skater57 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any updates lately on the status of getting perm root and s-off I really hope its here soon so we can get cm9 on this

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. answerman

answerman Android Enthusiast

Looking forward to S-off and permanent root is good. Impatience is even ok. However, good things come to those who wait. The way I look at it (and I'm not too shabby in other development worlds, but not so much in Android yet) is that it'll come when the people who devote their time to it free of charge get it figured out.

Sorry to sound grumpy, but as a former WinMo dev I know how they feel about people asking "when is it going to be here". It'll happen when it happens. Until then, we wait.

Incidentally, we waited over 2 months to get root on the OG Incredible and longer than that for S-off. And from what I've read in the dev forums, this is going to be trickier. I want root as much as anyone, but a couple of months isn't going to kill anyone... the Rezound STOCK is better than any Android phone to date in my opinion.

3. skater57

Well I've had a lot of homescreen redraws and slow downs I've tried adw ex and launcher pro but there is still lag idk I guess I just want ics on here but I can wait

4. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

i definitely understand you OP. I got tired of waiting too honestly. Its your choice.

5. draconius

draconius Well-Known Member

I mostly just want root yo run basic root programs and not so much roms.

6. kishin14

kishin14 Android Enthusiast

I got tired too. Almost switched to the GNex before I realized the rezound is a better device in every possible way (IMO) except not having perm root. I can't give up that much simply for the ability to root my device.

Have you temp-rooted and debloated yet? I did this the minute I decided to keep my rezound and it has made a noticeable difference. I have almost no lag. I also have 300+megs of free memory (versus about 150megs free on average before debloating). Battery life seem improved as well.

I don't use sense anymore. I use GO LauncherEX with 5 homescreens with widgets on all of them. Absolutely no redraws at all (though I didn't have that with sense either really) and no lag 99.9% of the time.

If you haven't debloated yet here's the link to the script:

http://androidforums.com/rezound-all-things-root/456423-tool-cleantool-script.html

It's about a safe a script as you can run, takes 10 minutes, and is completely reversible by doing a factory reset. Apparently, you can de-sense as well, which in theory should result in even less lag and more free memory. But I'm happy with the results from simply debloating for now.

7. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Android Enthusiast

Try the CleanTool(scottsroms.com) temp root and debloat and even de-sense. I don't have any screen lag at all without all the "extras" Verizon and HTC tried to saddle me with.

Edit: Guess I should've scrolled all the way down...hahaha. I love it when other people pimp this script.

8. skater57

Thanks for the suggestion ill try it later today how much better is the battery life?

9. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Android Enthusiast

Depends on who you are and how you roll. I rock my extended for 24hours+ I can push my standard to about 16 with the same usage.

10. dccoh

dccoh Lurker

I'm impatient as the next guy conerning S-off :)

I posted on ways to voice our concerns regarding s-off, and links to a current petition, but it got deleted :thinking:

Just have to find what Moderator is available, and what I can do to repost it without deletion.

11. skater57

Oh and another reason I want s-off soon is that cm9 devolpment can start sooner for this phone

12. lvlln

lvlln Member

I'm not getting impatient as much as nervous that this phone will NEVER get a root. I don't mind if it's in January or March or even June or whatever, but I really hope HTC hasn't locked it down perfectly. I mean, didn't the Incredible2 never get a root?

13. skater57

Droid incredible has root s-off and official cm7.1 support

14. turbomentor

turbomentor Well-Known Member

I had the DINC on day one. Had no idea what root even was. But I was patient and lo and behold...the DINC was rooted and what an amazing device it turned out to be!

Let's all take a few moments to stop being impatient whiny kids (sorry, I have a 3 YO!) and thank all the devs who are putting time and energy into trying to find a perm roos/S-off solution for us and look forward to the day that there are some awesome full-root tools available for everyone because the Rez community was patient and appreciative.

Thanks to all you fine folks who supported me in rooting my DINC and who are working on the root solution for my new Rez. Take your time, have some eggnog and I'm sure the final product will be worth the wait.

ubet likes this.
  15. denmalley

denmalley Member

I don't think I saw the question answered as to whether the Dinc2 was ever rooted...

16. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

Yes it has been. Also there are multiple Roms available including official CM7

17. skater57

Oh sorry I forgot to put the 2 in that's what I meant

18. ubet

ubet Member

Well why dont you become a dev and learn how to do it then, if you are so impatient. What are you contributing to s-off and perm root, other than bitching? Its not their JOB to provide YOU with root and s-off. Its VERY VERY nice of them to do all that work for free, then SHARE it with US. They do not owe us anything. If you want a phone that has s-off, their are a ton of them out there, or you could get the GNEX. You bought this phone knowing it was locked down, so live with it and dont complain until one of those devs that has a job and does this on the side as a hobby for free, gets s-off and root. Patience, appreciation, and thanks go along ways with people especially if/when its all for free. :)

jreed2560 likes this.
  19. skater57

Ok I get what you're saying I wasn't trying to complain I know that there are devs trying and they are doing it for free but if something way better comes along in the next few this phone could never get supported and this phones hardware is better than the nexus but the software isnt

If anyone could link me to devs who are working on getting root ill donate

20. dmbfan13

dmbfan13 Member

I feel the same! Plus it really sucks having a brother who owns the GNex and every day telling me, "You wouldnt believe how many roms are already out for this thing!!". I just sit here and say "Good for you!!". haha!

21. leroybrute

leroybrute Well-Known Member

How do you say the software is better on the GNex? Thats the reason I took mine back, and others have.

22. skater57

Well on the galaxy nexus there are hundreds of Roma so you have choices there

23. chigins

chigins Member

Hoping for a nice Christmas present. Perm root for the rezound :) Then I can go pick one up after Christmas!

Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

24. leroybrute

leroybrute Well-Known Member

Have those roms fixed the data issues, camera pics, the banding and blotchiness on the screen, the lag in some games I have played, the lag with lwp's, etc. My wife loves using live walls on her phones. Lot of bugs in the initial OS needs worked out before it is a better software to me.

25. skater57

No but those aren't software issues for the most part there is actually really noticeable lag on GTA III on the rezound but the rezound>nexus anyday

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews