• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting a replacement droid.. thoughts?

SkyyPayne

Nov 14, 2009
Hey everyone, I have a situation here and I'm not really sure what to do, so any advice would be great~

I got my droid launch day, so I have a 39/09... The thing is, I have the bubbly keyboard, and I love it. I've recently had some problems with the touchscreen becoming unresponsive, and I'm thinking the proximity sensor is going out as well, also the phone randomly rebooting every hour or so. Everyone else I know that has the droid has the flat, concave keyboard, that I absolutely hate.

I ordered a replacement from verizon, and I asked them if it was new, but of course it is a "certified replacement" or whatever name they have for the phones people bought, and returned within 30 days. I'm worried that 1. It will be scuffed and scratched, or with some of the horror stories i've read here, have a busted screen. and/or 2. the flat keyboard!They only made a few of them with the bubbly keyboard, and I guess my question is, do any of the newer models or manufactured dates (eg. 40/09 42/09 etc..) have the bubbly keyboards? I'm really hoping I get another one because I like being able to tell that my fingers are actually moving across a keyboard.

Thanks for any input and advice!

I got a replacement today. its my second one. It looks new, although it was re-certified. You can reject it if it doesn't meet the criteria listed with the recert booklet.

However, the wouldnt accept my phone return although I had proximity sensor issues, so I used my missing alt key as a way to get a replacement.

Almost all of the droids seem to be built at the same time and therefore will have similar issues, all of them are covered and can be replaced easily.

Although the new one I have is 4/10...
does that mean it was built 4th week of 2010?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones