1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Getting absolutely INSANE battery life all of a sudden!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wubbie075, Dec 8, 2011.

1. wubbie075

wubbie075 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 31, 2010
    I made one change that has made all the difference: Turned mobile data off (I keep 4G off by default).

Right now I'm at 77% after 30 hours off the charger with normal (for me) usage. Not rooted. Occasional texts and calls. Light browsing.

I turn on data to check e-mail. I use wifi at home. It's just my personal e-mail so I don't need to get them immediately. For others, particularly those who need to receive business e-mails right away, this will not be a good solution. I am completely blown away by this.

With the same usage as above, but keeping data always on, I'd get around 28-32 hours from a full charge.

Advertisement

2. clgwli

clgwli Well-Known Member
    None

May 12, 2011
    Central, Ohio
    I am as well. the first 10% seems to drop off at the same old rate, but I am getting days out of light calls, texts, and e-mails. In fact i was at 5 days and 18 hours with 20% left on that kind of usage. I admit I don't browse as much and play more on the tablet at home, butI am getting a whole extra day or so more out of the phone now.

3. wubbie075

None

May 31, 2010
    Really, mine is the opposite. It takes hours before it drops from "FULL". For a while, I was actually wondering if my battery meter was just not working because it took so long to register any loss of charge.

Now at 46% after 2d 0h 16m off the charger.

I wanted to see how long I could go without charging, but I might be going out of town tomorrow, so I think I need to recharge tonight. I'll try that experiment at the start of the work week next week.

4. skep

skep Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 22, 2010
    Male
    Pittsburgh
    I used to do this on my old samsung epic, but I don't know how to do it on this phone.. So, how do you do it?

5. wubbie075

None

May 31, 2010
    I use widgetsoid for all my toggles.

Also, I realize I never updated with the results of my experiment to see how long I could go without recharging. I got through almost exactly 48 hours on one charge with my normal usage (some texts & calls, light web, a few market dl's & updates, 1.5 to 2 hours per day listening to music via bluetooth, and random use of other apps).

6. apinkel

apinkel Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    I use green power to turn my wireless data on/off automatically (off for 30 minutes, on for 2 minutes, on if the display is turned on).

It does make a huge difference in battery life, especially in low signal areas.

7. tbhausen

tbhausen Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    Male
    Indianapolis, IN
    It's a bit tricky to learn, but Tasker can be a very poweful battery management tool when you set things up according to your needs.