• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Getting an error. Fastboot (remote:not allow)

SacNutz

Dec 28, 2009
Hi guys, I'm an Eris noob but I'm familiar with rooting, flashing, etc with other phones. I'm trying to flash a boot.img while in fastboot mode but I keep getting this not allowed error. I've searched around and everyone so far has realized that their problem is being not rooted. I'm rooted for sure. What's the problem?

Hi guys, I'm an Eris noob but I'm familiar with rooting, flashing, etc with other phones. I'm trying to flash a boot.img while in fastboot mode but I keep getting this not allowed error. I've searched around and everyone so far has realized that their problem is being not rooted. I'm rooted for sure. What's the problem?

As our esteemed erisuser1 points-out in this thread http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-root/143996-unroot-fastboot-error-remote-not-allowed.html, you must have it must be that you have an S-ON (security-on) 1.49.0000 bootloader (i.e., it won't work if you have a bootloader that still has the security-on setting). It doesn't have anything to do with being rooted, rather what security your bootloader has.

edit: when I re-read my post, my choice of the words "must have" may be misconstrued...I don't mean that you need to get the S-ON bootloader, lol--just that you can't overwrite the bootloader via fastboot with an S-ON bootloader.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones