• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Getting back in a group text

KawaiiKame

Lurker
Apr 13, 2016
I was in a group text for a while until my Samsung Galaxy S6 broke. I have a new phone now and my phone number is still in the group text but I don't see the group text so I can't contribute to it. Is there a way to get back into a group text on the Samsung Galaxy S6? Please let me know.

If it's the same number and people are still sending messages to the group then you should still receive them. So first thing would be to check whether messages are still being sent that include you.

If they are and you are not receiving them, then can you send/receive picture messages (MMS, not Snapchat etc)? This is relevant because many carriers/individuals send group messages as MMS, so it may be that it's MMS that's not working for you rather than this particular thread. If there is a problem there, check your APN settings - some carriers use separate APNs for data and MMS, so it's possible for data to work and MMS not to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones