• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Getting bad reception in a very good reception area? HELP

Se7enwolf

Oct 11, 2010
I just got the droid incredible a few days ago and have had be reception since where I only get like one or two bars while in town and barely one at my house. I took it to the verizon store in town and they said this county area has the best 3G coverage you can get and can not figure out why I am getting such low bars.

They need a roaming update thing twice on my phone but it did nothing. They said I would have to take it into a service station.

I was hoping I could find a fix for it on here before doing so since my phone is rooted.

Any ideas?

also I notice that the antenna is at the bottom of the phone and when holding it there, the reception drops even more.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems that you are having. I have had my Incredible since April and I have had similar frustrations that cause my battery to drain very quickly. I am in a city that generally has great Verizon coverage.

I have had about 7-8 phones with Verizon in over the years and my coverage has always been great. I am often with other Verizon customers and they have significantly better signal strength for both phone and data. It is just not a bar problem as the call quality and speeds are much better on other people's Verizon phones (Motorola Droid, Blackberry, etc.). I have checked my wife's and cousin's Incredible and all 3 Incredible's have the same problem.

I bought a 3500 battery and it usually lasts me through the day. I am very knowledgable about and regularly check my apps to make sure that I do not have any battery hogs. The problem that I have with quality, speed, and battery are all directly related to the poor hardware or software (radio) issues with the Incredible. I love the phone so I just deal with these problems and use Wifi whenever possible. My problem is that I am on the golf course for hours a day which is where I have the most problems.

My plan is to get a newer phone (possibly 4G) when one comes out that I really like. Good luck with your problem and please share any solutions that you may find. I have read just about every battery / signal strength post on this and other boards and I have yet to find something that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones