1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Getting better?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FaroeseViking, Sep 2, 2011.

1. FaroeseViking

FaroeseViking Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 15, 2010
    Male
    Flushing, NY
    Is it just me? Has anyone noticed the Triumph slowly performing better? Except for the GPS, which is still slow to get a lock, seems everything else is almost flawless now. I reboot maybe once a week, but not because I have to.

Advertisement

2. lifeblows10

lifeblows10 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 2, 2011

Indeed. I am on Triumph number 2, and the only real "issue" with this one other than GPS lock is light leak around the bottom of the display. Other than that... it seems to be in tip-top shape. Now if only we can get CM7 officially. (We soon shall have CWM Recovery officially.)

3. Lwlamar

Lwlamar Newbie
    None

May 18, 2011
    I have had mine a few weeks now. The only problem I've had with mine its GPS. Any known solutions?

4. stef7

stef7 Android Expert
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    Male
    Systems Engineer
    Possible solution replacing gps libs or changing a gps configuration file. It is acknowledged by Motorola and being investigated...

5. bigvandal

bigvandal Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    Guys there are GPS fixes on this board and they work. My GPS locks in a few seconds and the thing is super accurate. Mine gets me on the nose. My phone was straight before and now that I rooted and overclocked WOW this thing FLIES!! Once we get gingerbread we are gooood.

6. Shinypants

Shinypants Newbie
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    Try downloading GPS Fix from the market first before changing any files. Not sure how it works, but it's like it "warms" up the gps.

I can get a fix within 30 seconds with it. Without it, it can take 5 minutes or more. It's worked on two of my Triumphs so far.

7. sandcrest

sandcrest Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    central Florida
    I used GPS Fix and the next time I turned on Google maps, I zoomed all the way onto the top of my house and watched as I walked from room to room. I'd say that's pretty accurate. Plus, it only took about a minute to find me in my house.

I think everyone who's having problems with their phones doesn't know how to use them. All these people on the boards complaining, they've got to be making up all these defects. No phone can have this many things wrong with it.

Oh, man . . . I'm just kidding!!!
    I'm seriously happy, though, that I've had a Triumph that's worked straigh out of the box. I hope Motorola or CFW can fix all the problems everyone else is having.

8. Chairshot215

Chairshot215 Android Expert
    None

Aug 20, 2011
    Male
    Test hardware, software fo company named Field Dia
    Illadelvall Pennsy
    At first I had nothing but problems with my Triumph
    Sorry if this post keeps popping up as I am not seeing them after I post and am also knew so not sure if there is a tab that show ones post history.
    I had a problem with my phone rebooting like 3 or 4 times a day the first week I owned the phone but then it suddenly stopped and has not rebooted in about a month. I don’t know what I had done to stop the reboots butt around the same time it stopped I had done the following,

Replaced the Firefox Mobile browser I had previously installed with Opera Mini.

Removed Juice Defender as a test to see why every so often I would lose 3G or Wi-Fi and would need to reboot the phone before either would again make a connection. Could be an unrelated coincidence but I have not had this problem since removing the application.

Replaced Advanced Task Killer with an app named Android Assistant. I turned on the applications auto boost setting adding my most commonly used applications to it’s ignore list. I then also used the applications startup blocker and once again and blocked all but system and my most commonly used applications. The apps I blocked included every out of box Virgin Mobile app including Twitdroid.
    I then manually rebooted the phone and have not experienced any issues with my phone in the 3 weeks that have followed. Also might add my battery life seems to have extended a few hours after installing this app.
    I have had nothing but instantaneous GPS connections after installing an application called A GPS Injector. Also curious what this app is doing that turned a GPS that had not made a connection once to an instant connection if anyone is in position of such knowledge.

Anyhow over the cores of 4 weeks I have gone from wanting to sue Motorola for passing junk off as a phone to loving the death out of the thing. Could also be my eye site but I have not noticed the Blue tint issue I read about on just about every thread or review.

9. Chairshot215

None

Aug 20, 2011
    Male
    Illadelvall Pennsy
    Sorry had just intended to paste this,

I have had nothing but instantaneous GPS connections after installing an application called A GPS Injector. What this app is doing that turned a GPS that had not made a connection even once into an instant connection every time I don’t understand, if anyone is in possession of such knowledge please share as I would love to know.

10. Chairshot215

None

Aug 20, 2011
    Male
    Illadelvall Pennsy
    I have had nothing but instantaneous GPS connections after installing an application called A GPS Injector. What this app is doing that turned a GPS that had not made a connection once in over 20 attempts into an instant connection every time I don’t understand, if anyone is in possession of such knowledge, please share as I would love to know. was a second away from heading back to BB when I figured a $1 is worth the chance of not dealing with BB and know lie ever since my connection has been instantaneous.

11. Chairshot215

None

Aug 20, 2011
    Male
    Illadelvall Pennsy
    I dont know what the app does but after installing A GPS Injector my GPS has been making instant connections.

Otherwise I have not experienced any of the problems people are griping about. Battery life maybe but I sit at a desk all day and have a car charger so have not had to go longer than 6 hours without a charger since I purchased the phone a month ago.