• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

getting contact pictures from facebook

saradollify

Feb 17, 2011
i have looked at this everywhere and still couldnt find the answer :/ well i want profile images for my contacts from their fb profile pics, but i can't seem to get this, i have tried syncmypix yet my contacts are somehow 'read only' and i also do not want all my facebook friends in my contacts, please help i am an absolute noob,

To to that particular contact, and in the top right corner of the screen you'll see a thing that says link or something of that sort. Can't remember what it says before it's linked. Tap on it, and it should be obvious from there. If not, let me know.

sorry i can't find the link thing, i went on people, selected a contact and clicked edit?

Upvote 0
Click on 'Phone' and then click on the little box at the end of a contact. Then press the 'Link' button in the top-right corner of the screen and choose the FB contact (see below)

snap20110218_150334.png

If it doesn't say link it's cause the name of the contact is different to the FB name so you'll need to then select them manually

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones