1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Getting contacts on incredible 2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bugger, Jul 7, 2011.

1. bugger

bugger Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 19, 2010
    Florida
    I am getting my Incredible 2 tomorrow and I am new to the whole Android phone. I am a current blackberry user. I have a gmail account set up with all my contacts from my bb on there. How do I go about and get them on my phone once I get it tomorrow? I know with BB we have a desktop manager, but I guess with android that is not the case.
    I have read about how it automatically updates without have to connect to the computer, so how do I do it that. I also read where if you add something to your phone (contact) it automatically transfer to gmail account and vice versa? Is there any truth to that.

What is the easiest way?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisement

2. McLovlein13

McLovlein13 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 1, 2010
    School
    Minnesota
    if you have all your contacts saved by gmail then when you get your DInc2 just sign in when it asks you
    or
    click settings-accounts-add account-*add your gmail account-click sync. its pretty easy

3. formula4speed

formula4speed Member
    None

Dec 23, 2009
    When you first set up your phone it will ask you to log in to your Gmail account, when you do that it will sync your contacts to your phone automatically, nothing you need to do. The sync works both ways as well, so when you add a contact from your phone it will automatically sync to your Gmail account. You can add contacts to just your phone if you want (there is an option when you create the contact) but I believe it defaults to sync it with your Gmail.

This is all over the air as well, you don't need to hook it up to your computer.

4. bugger

bugger Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 19, 2010
    Florida
    Thanks for you help! From the above answers, I shouldn't have a problem. If I do, I will be sure to respond back!