1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Getting Droid X

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sylgerenrda, Jan 7, 2011.

1. sylgerenrda

sylgerenrda Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2011
    :thinking: I am buying an X, but someone told me to buy it at Costco. Better deal. Want to know if anyone has done this. Any negative drawbacks in doing this. Or go to Verizon store a better deal.

Advertisement

2. Serpentine

Serpentine Member
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    Male
    Internet based interstate commerce.
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Costco is the way I went. $99 with two year contract, includes an extra year (2 total) manufacture warranty and rebate on the $35 set-up fee.

Costco researches their services and products to protect their membership consumers. In other words, they don't sell services or products that make their return line longer than their purchase/exit line.

Absolutely no negatives. You can still use your local service provider store (in my case, verizon) for walk-in support, without concerns or issues as to where you purchased the mini-moto DX computer/phone.

3. wxman2003

wxman2003 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 2, 2010
    Get it now because Verizon starting the 16th is going to reduce the return policy from 30 days to 14 days. Just in case you have problems.

sylgerenrda likes this.
  4. ek4man

ek4man Newbie
    None

Jan 4, 2011
    Male
    Commercial/Industrial Electrician
    Near Hershey, PA
    I got mine for $50 from Verizon store. I showed them an advertisement from tigerdirect.com and asked them if they could match or beat that price. They said sure if I didn't mind going the mail-in rebate route. Got my wife's Droid 2 Global for the same deal.