• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Getting empty messages after every call

andypaul1

Lurker
Dec 24, 2012
Phone: Huawei G610-U20
Android Version: 4.2.1
Kernel: 3.4.5
Emotion UI 1.6

I am a new Android phone user and I am observing a strange behavior in my phone. Empty messages are getting generated in my messaging app when ever I do certains actions in my phone.

For example, whenever I make a call that is unanswered, I see a new empty message is generated with that phone number and is displayed in my messaging app. Some other things also trigger generation of such messages but I am not sure what are those actions are. I think one of them is when I try to search for a phone number.

Initially, I thought there is some bug in the stock messaging app that came with the phone so I tried a couple of other apps such as tetra messaging, handcent etc. But the problem still exists.

When I click on the message, there is no data/text in it. Just the phone number or the number that I enter while searching.

This is really annoying and I am not sure what is going on. Every day I keep deleting these stupid messages. What should I do?

thank you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones