1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Getting files off Micro SDHC Card

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Android Question

I will try explaining this as best as I can.....

I have a 8GB Micro SDHC card. I need to recover old photos on this Micro SD card.

When Plugged into 2 laptops nothing at all is detected under omputer, or disc managment.

When Plugged into my other computer it states I need to format the card, windows 7 fails to format the card (As does SDFormatter applications, and 2 diffreint phones I have plugged into)

I have tried every single recovery program out there, however the card has changed to RAW and only displays a maximum size of 30.6MB instead of the full 8gb.

Sandisk tells me I need to spend $175 to send it somewhere and have the card read which is insane. I have seen many topics on this while doing my research however no answers for this. Maybe someone found out how to resolve this issue?

There must be some program or guide out there when I can recover my old photos. I would love any help on this issue!

Also would it matter if instead of an SD card adapter I get one for USB could that even change this case? Also I am going to walmart to try plugging the MIcro SD card directly into the photo machine but I don't have much hope for that.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

Hi

Formatting an sd card wipes everything off it, so even it the formats are only partially successful I think there is little chance that your photos are still there. SD cards do fail sometimes. .

Roger..