1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Getting Gameloft NONE Desire games onto a Desire......Legally.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nagrom, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Nagrom

Nagrom Android Expert
    None

May 28, 2010
    Cheshire UK
    Hi Gang.

You guys may already know of this trick, but I've just discovered a cool way to get None Desire Games from Gameloft onto my Desire. This DOES require purchasing the games from them, but this work around SHOULD work for most games. I've tried it with NOVA, and I managed to dupe the Gameloft system into letting me download the game. NOVA isn't normally available for the Desire.

1. Install the Skyfire browser from the market, and set it to DESKTOP mode, NOT Android. If you set it to Android, the Gameloft system will know what type of phone you're running.

2. Go to Mobile Games - Top iPhone Games, Android Games, Java Games for Cell Phones | Gameloft and choose your game.

3. Chose your country, and network.

4. Now this is where I tricked the system. Next choose a phone that you KNOW the game will work on. In this case, I chose the Desire HD.

5. Go through the payment system as normal, and when complete, you'll be sent a text with the download link attached.

Like I said, I think this should work with most games, though the playability on the Desire of some of the new ones might be laggy. NOVA played fine btw.

Hope this helps anyone wanting to bypass Gameloft's tight ass phone restrictions.

Andy.

btw Mods. I DID try and post this in the tips and tricks section, but for some reason, it posted here.

Advertisement

Sak01 and Usta like this.
  2. Usta

Usta Android Expert

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Post moved to Tips and Tricks.

Interesting tip. Perhaps, other can check and verify this. :)

3. Sak01

Sak01 Android Expert
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    Male
    I can confirm it works. Cheers, bruv.

I had thought about using skyfire to get Nova before, but I never got around to trying it.

NB It's a bit difficult navigating around the website in desktop mode because things like the flash sliders disappear. Easiest way to get to games is to select 'HD Smartphone' near the bottom of the page.

4. Nagrom

Nagrom Android Expert
    None

May 28, 2010
    Cheshire UK
    Glad this helped.

Andy

Tags: