1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

getting google voice to work

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ari-free, Sep 1, 2011.

1. ari-free

ari-free Android Expert
    None

Nov 2, 2009
    I set up google voice for my number when I was on Verizon and it worked. Now I switched my phone number over to t-mobile and installed google voice but it isn't answering my calls. It's taken over by t-mobile voicemail. How do I fix this?

Advertisement

2. SammyAcclaim

SammyAcclaim Member
    None

Sep 27, 2010
    I assume your question on how to get Google Voice to work you are actually asking how to get it to become your default voicemail service again.

In order for this to work on my current carrier I had to find out what their forward code was and use that in combination with my google voice number. For me I think it I got it to work by dialing *70<google voice number> then send. You will want to find T-Mobile's voicemail forwarding code and follow the instructions for that but I think the process is similiar for all carriers. They just might use a different code for VM forwarding. If you can't find the code by googling it you may just want to call T-Mobile customer service and they should be able to help you as well.

Good luck!

3. ari-free

ari-free Android Expert
    None

Nov 2, 2009
    OK the solution is to go to Call under settings then voicemail settings and then switch to google voice.
    Now can I integrate google voicemail into the phone app or does everyone just goes to the google voice app?