1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Getting hot? Battery Drain? Found MY problem...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by av41medic, Dec 14, 2013.

1. av41medic

av41medic Lurker

Ive been struggling with this for a while and finally nailed down the problem. Mind you, this was what was doing it for me and might not be you problem if you are experiencing the same issues. Take it for what its worth. I usually run my phone with the wifi on to save on data (just because I live in Canada and we get raped for data charges). I found that if i have my Google Play app set to auto-update over wifi, the phone seems to hang when it tries to update my apps. It gets hot and the battery tanks. I simply switched the setting within the Play app to manual update and the phone has been working flawlessly. Ifyou are experiencing the same problems maybe try this. Maybe if I ever get upgraded to KITKAT it might solve the issue. Just throwing this out there and hope it helps.
    Cheers!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kmf

kmf Android Enthusiast

I don't have a battery or running hot issue, but I never leave my phone on auto update. I want to control what and when I do updates. Thanks for sharing.

Thom likes this.
  3. I also have not used Auto Update on the last three phones I owned. I always wanted to know what was happening. There was a real problem with Auto Update a few years agi and the fix was to not use it. I never went back after stopping.

... Thom

seVer likes this.
  4. Pakrat

Pakrat Lurker

My phone has just quit and i can't even get a connection to charge it... Does anyone have or know any thing that i can do to try to get it going again.

Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD Forum

The Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 3300mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews