1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Getting Internet on the go

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cutesyjasmine, Apr 29, 2012.

1. cutesyjasmine

cutesyjasmine Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2012
    I'm buying the Samsung galaxy Note unlocked, and I want to be able to connect to the internet wherever I go. I don't want to just connect to my router at home. What do I need to do, to be able to connect to the internet anywhere I go?? And will I get unlimited text and calls?? Will straight talk or Verizon be able to give me a SIM card to do so? Sorry if this question has already been asked, I'm new here :)

Advertisement

2. Omar Days

Omar Days Android Expert
    None

May 19, 2011
    Make sure you get a data plan with whatever network/carrier you decide to go with.

When I put my Sim card in and turned my phone on for the first time, it asked me what network I was on so it could configure the internet settings for me.
    If for whatever reasons the phone doesn't ask you this, you can always ring up your network or go on the internet and enter the settings manually.

3. B2L

B2L Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Salt Lake City, UT

If you buy a Note it will not work with Verizon, Sprint, or any other CDMA carrier. It will work with Straight Talk, you get unlimited 3G data, unlimited calls, and unlimited texts for $45 a month.

The SIM card costs $15 and you can buy it from www.straighttalksim.com just make sure you buy the correct SIM card for which Note you buy.

If you buy the International Galaxy Note GT-N7000 - choose the unlocked SIM card that uses AT&T's network.

If you buy the AT&T branded Galaxy Note - choose the AT&T locked SIM card.

cutesyjasmine likes this.
  4. cutesyjasmine

cutesyjasmine Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2012
    Ahh Perfect!! My mom was buying straight talk with unlimited everything with her and my brother..I'll just let her know about this right now

Thank You!