• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Getting into fastboot

sammyz

LG Whiz Kid
  • Jun 3, 2011
    Hey I wanted to know if there's any way to get INTO fastboot mode without flashing a bad recovery image.
    I want easy in easy out, I tried quickboot from market and selected bootloader, it just reboots like normal
    I also tried root toolbox and does the same thing.

there's no button combo either, is there?
    unless u have to plug it into usb to get into it, like how u get it into download mode by holding camera+ vol down+ back key and plug in usb chord....I figured out that u dont have to press the power button to get into it, same thing for getting into custom recovery

Upvote 0
    If you could get into it without being rooted, you could flash custom recovery without having to be rooted since the bootloader (aka fastboot) is unlocked, but u can only get into bootloader by screwing up recovery while being rooted in the first place....

If you could flash recovery via bootloader and were not rooted, u could backup a nandroid copy of the non-rooted stock ROM and give it to the devs to see if they can use it to help them root the stock ROM (idk if it would help or not for the devs; but if you didn't want to go through the trouble of downgrading, you wouldnt have to anymore)

Upvote 0
    If you could get into it without being rooted, you could flash custom recovery without having to be rooted since the bootloader (aka fastboot) is unlocked, but u can only get into bootloader by screwing up recovery while being rooted in the first place....

If you could flash recovery via bootloader and were not rooted, u could backup a nandroid copy of the non-rooted stock ROM and give it to the devs to see if they can use it to help them root the stock ROM (idk if it would help or not for the devs; but if you didn't want to go through the trouble of downgrading, you wouldnt have to anymore)

Ah. I see. Thank you for that insight.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones