1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Getting my Connect today!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nastynazz, Apr 19, 2012.

1. nastynazz

nastynazz Newbie

pretty excited to get my connect today, but i have a quick question for whoever can answer it

so im converting from at&t to metropcs and my phone numbers are currently saved on my at&t sim card and was wondering how i could transfer all my numbers to the connect once i get it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert

Is your att phone an Android? If so then just make sure that your contacts are saved to your Gmail account. They would then automatically load on the new phone after signing into Google.

If not, maybe the store can do it.

3. Gadget Lovers

Gadget Lovers Member

4. imsupersonic

imsupersonic Newbie

Did you get your Connect yet? I'm wondering what your thoughts are on it so far. I'm considering getting one. :D

5. johnboy829

johnboy829 Newbie

Yes I was wondering as well. I'm thinking about getting it!

6. ronman09

ronman09 Lurker

I've had mine for a week now and really like it. Battery life is the only complaint but its not horrible if you don't keep 4g on. Also I haven't had any overheating problems.

7. brian1984

brian1984 Well-Known Member

does the 4g really a problem for you?? i keep my 4g on all the time and it was the same when i kept that off...

8. paarlberg

paarlberg Newbie

If you are in a good service area, you probably won't see much of a difference. In a fringe area, it will eat the battery like my family at an all you can eat buffet.

9. nastynazz

nastynazz Newbie

Overall the phone is great! really liking the nova screen and the battery is pretty weak but i can manage untill i get the 1900mah battery.

10. nastynazz

nastynazz Newbie

Ohh and i was just bluetoothed all my contacts

11. ronman09

ronman09 Lurker

I stream radioio for 6 hours so I turn 4g off and use wifi instead. 4g wouldn't be able to make it through the workday.

12. THE W

THE W Android Expert

Depending on what you do with your phone the 1900 isn't gonna do much for you. You probably won't want the 3500mah though because of the extra phone size and there's no case for it.

13. 4ubest

4ubest Android Enthusiast

I much prefer the 13-16 hrs I get from the large battery than the 2-3 I was getting from the original so I am content at this time. Additionally I prefer the 31C temps to the 47C+ that I was getting with the original as well.

14. THE W

THE W Android Expert

i agree. couldnt care less about the extra size but it might be an issue for the thread starter.

if not, he should get the 3500mah.

15. brian1984

i dont know why your original battery was working so bad..
    mine with light use was working for 10 ~ 12 hours..
    today is my first day with the 1900 and i ve been using for 12 hours and 30% left... with the same use that i had original...
    it is better but not a big deal.. maybe with normal use i ll have 1 or 2 more hours difference between 1900 and original.

did you do the 3 times charges from 0 with your batteries?

16. THE W

THE W Android Expert

Sure, if I barely use the phone it'll last all day. I want to be able to use the phone the way it was designed to be used without worrying if I'm gonna have a dead phone in a few hours. Unless you leave the phone in sleep mode most of the time the battery life is abysmal.

17. LGconnect

LGconnect Member

What is light use? Just make a few calls? No internet, no radio or video streaming, no games, did you even put 4G on? If all you want to do is make some phone calls why did you buy Metropcs most expensive phone?

18. brian1984

Light use is browse on the internet, phone calls, text message, and 4g and background data on.
    The phone is not expensive for what it is...
    The battery is a problem but i can get at least 10hour from it doing whatever i need to do with my phone with no restrictions.

19. brian1984

The battery is not good it doesnt last all day and thats annoying but even iphones doesnt work all day long with hard use. I dont even know a phone that last all day long with hard use

20. brian1984

And anyways with light use 10 or even 15 hours is not enough.... but even with hard use i got it on for at least 4 hours... i mean by hhard use is using phone non stop with utube. Websites. Games like angry birds amd testing camera apps and stuff like that, no streaming and most of the time on wifi

21. THE W

THE W Android Expert

i did a test where i put the phone on 4g with GPs and background data on and streamed a 4 hour video from a full charge and it went down to 5% in a little over 2 hours.

thats a worst case scenario test as i dont think people are gonna be trying to stream 4 hour videos.

i also did another test where i had 4g, GPs, and background data on and had it mostly on standby while playing some music here and there and i got 4 hours or so out of it.

22. brian1984

is that the original or 1900??
    i just used the phone with new 1900 battery, 2nd day of use, unplugged that from charger use it for 30 minutos and it went from 100% to 88%... the only thing i did is post 2 messages here, checked facebook and tahts it..
    thats crap.....
    im waiting for a 3500 battery...

23. 4ubest

4ubest Android Enthusiast

You hit the nail square on the head this time. :)

24. robertkoa

robertkoa Android Enthusiast

Well- you got 30 minutes and used 12% -so that means about 4 hours would take you to 4% - right- that's pretty bad- ideally an extended battery would give 8 hours or more of use IMO.

The Connect is like buying a High Performance Car that you have to be careful of running out of gas and overheating......mostly due to an underpowered battery I think.

Surely the LG Engineers were aware of this and released the Phone anyway- they could have at LEAST created a Battery Upgrade 2400 MAH slim battery that works better right ?

LG Connect 4G Forum

The LG Connect 4G release date was February 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

February 2012
Release Date
Reviews