Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Astridax93, Jun 22, 2010.
Like the question says, what do you see as must have apps for android?
1. Handcent SMS - absolutely must have
2. WeatherBug elite - widget is nice and make it worth the price, but WeatherBug is ok if you don't want to pay for a widget
3. Slacker or Pandora - whichever you prefer, I personally use both
4. AppAlarm Pro - alarm to wake up to slacker/pandora, worth the cost if you don't want to enable alarm every day
5. Google voice - no invite needed anymore, must have even if only for voicemail
6. Smart shortcuts - put your apps in folders without them all having the same folder icon
7. SMS wishes - schedule a SMS to send automatically at a preset time
8. A file explorer - I use ES File Explorer, but alot of people like Astro
9. Barcode scanner
10. Redboxer - great if you rent movies from RedBox
11. Cal Widget - if you want your calendar agenda on your homescreen, lots of sizes
12. RingDroid - if you want to make custom ringtones/notifications for free, super easy and works great
Those should get you started.
Also I prefer HelixLauncher2 over any other launcher or stock home. A lot of options, runs smooth, and has a 4 app dock at the bottom that you can customize
For a browser I prefer Dolphin HD
There are a lot of others I use, these are just what I think are a great start and games are a matter of preference so I didn't list any of those.
Welcome to Android and don't forget to hit thanks if this helped.
I just had to have my phone replaced, so lost all of my apps that I had set up. Here's what I've installed so far (since these are what I need most...still haven't gotten it set up completely though).
1. Apps Organizer
2. Battery Indicator
3. Blik Calendar Widget
4. Dolphin Browser HD
5. Handcent SMS
6. Movies (by Flixter)
7. Power Manager
No need to reinvent the wheel. There are tons of these threads on the various Android forum sites.