1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Getting my pc to recognise it?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Senden, May 30, 2011.

1. Senden

Senden Newbie
    None

May 30, 2011
    Hey all just got my first ever android phone today and am really excited to use it. However I've already came onto a big stumbling block... getting my pc to recognise it. It'll recognise it as a camera fine but nothing else. Device manager lists an uninstalled driver as CDC serial whatever that means and windows update won't find the driver. I'm using XP btw.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Surely the phone should register either as a phone or as a usb hdd or something?

It's worth noting I don't actually have a microsd card yet so maybe that's why but I thought the phone had a decent amount of inbuilt memory?

Found out how to do it using kies air but I can only upload one song at a time (says I can upload multiple with java installed but doesn't seem to work when I install java.. any advice?

Advertisement

2. lob

lob Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    Student
    London, UK
    Try enabling/disabling USB debugging in the settings Applications/Development.

That's just a guess, worth a try...

3. jspx1

jspx1 Newbie
    None

May 26, 2011
    UK
    Support for Galaxy S II SAMSUNG

The link above is for the UK, but it's the kind of page you need to find for your own location. Click Downloads/Software and download the exe.
    Check the Samsung website for your country & click the support link, lookup the Galaxy S2 and download the Kies software. Install Kies to your PC, restart then go Tools/Install Driver then restart & attach the S2 via USB. The phone screen should show Kies attached by USB, leave that on the screen (don't press the home button) and your phone should show up as a GT-I9100 in Windows Explorer or you can launch Kies which should detect the device.

4. Senden

Senden Newbie
    None

May 30, 2011
    Downloading kies worked perfectly, thanks for the advice!

5. Useless

Useless Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    My Samsung galaxy S2 will not show up under any circumstances in Kies, I have reloaded it twice, have the latest version of it, my connect my phone by usb and my computer tells me it cannot load drivers, I have loaded the kies drivers 3 times it also tells me to install my CDC disc, what on earth is that.
    I get an image of a usb connection on my phone but nothing in Kies.
    Sometimes it tells me my phone is not supported and I need Kies in Pc suite mode, !!!!!!

where is that because on the Samsung website it is not found in the search box

Help before I throw the bloody computer out of the window, great phone shit software.

My phone is as bought new not changed in any way