1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Getting My Phone back to NEW condition

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hawkfb63, Sep 7, 2011.

1. hawkfb63

hawkfb63 Lurker
    None

Sep 7, 2011
    A year ago (or so) I did a manual upadate of the leaked Froyo and ever since, I have not got any OTA updates. I wanted to get updates so I backed up all my apps and music, etc and went through the boot to factory restore option. I am still showing the following versions and I am also not able to pull an OTA update.

Android Version 2.2
    Baseband: BP_C_01.09.06P
    Kernel: 2.6.32.9-gfb07887 w30471@il93lnxdroid08#1
    System Ver: 2.3.9.MB810.Verizon.en.US

I want to get back to stock because Verizon has asked for the phone back to give me a new phone since I am not receiving OTA updates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. binary visions

binary visions Android Expert
    None

May 14, 2010
    How is it Verizon's fault that you're not receiving updates?

You installed an unofficial version of the software. Of course you're not going to receive an update.

Head over to the Root forum, and read up on how to SBF. Here is a link that will get you started:

SBF’ing the Droid X U D G

You screwed up your phone, take responsibility and don't send it back to Verizon for them to fix.

3. hawkfb63

hawkfb63 Lurker
    None

Sep 7, 2011
    I know its my own fault.

I wasn't implying that it was Verizons fault at all. Thanks for the link. The only problem is that Verizon already recalled the phone and sent me a new one. I will use this to get it back to stock before I return the phone to them.

4. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert
    None

Jun 15, 2010
    sbf it and you will then be able to get the updates and not have to send it back.

5. hawkfb63

hawkfb63 Lurker
    None

Sep 7, 2011
    The problem I have now is that they have already logged my phone as to be retuned. They have sent out a replacement (which happens to be an x2). I know I can get my phone to receive updates, but I would rather keep the x2. I just want to make sure they cant tell I ever had the other version of Froyo on there. (I never rooted it or anything, I just wanted the froyo before it was released OTA)

6. Riverman

Riverman Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Just use the new 602 SBF. When they get the phone back, they won't care what version is on there.

7. trophynuts

trophynuts Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
    i understand that the wheels are already in motion for your replacement but why did you even call them in the first place? I don't want to give you too much krap because there are plenty other people that are going to do that.

Just know that in the future you can always come to these forums for great info. We could have easily fixed you up to get your current DX up to date without needing a replacement or even calling Verizon from day one.

ozzzy3z and K4KAI like this.