• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting old version of Android Google Calendar

pwabrahams

Dec 19, 2014
I recently replaced my old LGP705 phone running Android 4.0 (which couldn't be upgraded) with a much newer phone running Android 5.1. The problem is that inexplicably, the version of Google Calendar on my new phone is much inferior to the version on my old phone. For instance, it has no easy way to access a date or a month in the future. (The Labs feature of Calendar isn't available on Android.) Is there a way to obtain and install the old version, which I was quite happy with?

It may well be that the calendar you are familiar with was cooked into the LG rom and not necessarily the Google calendar. In any case you might find a different calendar app more functional than what you've got now ... and they do usually tie into the Google calendar.

As far as the latest version of calendar, if you select the month view, you can scroll through the months by swiping left or right ... same with weeks or days. If you can explain exactly what you need to do, maybe we can make some specific recommendations.

Upvote 0
You can also check this site for old versions of apps [link removed]

While there are places to download older versions of apps, many of them are in violation of the playstore and the dev's copyright and we're not permitted to post them here. I'd be seriously cautious about downloading anything from unknown sources. Lot's of nastiness out there these days.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Hmmm. If someone is determined to download an old version of an app, I'd steer 'em toward **k mirror. It's certainly safer than any other option I know of. Am I allowed to say the name of that site?

Yep, it's totally legit. As far as I'm aware, all devs have given their permission for their apps to be hosted there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones