• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting pics from phone to computer

This might be a stupid question, but is there a way to get pics and videos I have taken with my Eris over to my computer via the USB cable?

Taking the back off to access the miniSD card, putting into the adapter, putting that into my media reader each time seems like a waste of time.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Yes, of course. Connect the USB cable, you'll get a notification to mount the SD Card to your computer. Choose to do so, and the SD card will be mounted as an external drive to your computer. Photos are stored in the DCIM directory. (If you have a Mac, by the way, iPhoto should open and offer to import all of your photos.) Just remember to disconnect/dismount from your computer, then pull down notifications and tell the Eris that you have dismounted, and you will be all set.

That said, I have been meaning to try SugarSync, which should allow this without connecting. I am trying to go with my phone doing everything over the air; I think that the last time I connected it was in early February.

Upvote 0
That said, I have been meaning to try SugarSync, which should allow this without connecting. I am trying to go with my phone doing everything over the air; I think that the last time I connected it was in early February.

I've been using SugarSync for my home computer for a few months and love it. Once I get the basics down on my phone (stuff like this thread) I will be playing around with SugarSync more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones