1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Getting ready for Rooting and Customize

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shadowhog666, Apr 27, 2012.

1. shadowhog666

shadowhog666 Member

Feb 11, 2012
    so after reading and watching several videos for the past month since i got my Xperia Play R800i, i think im ready to root and try customizing/flashing Roms.

phone model: Sony Xperia Play R800i
    Android Version: 2.3.4
    Kernel version : 2.6.32.9-perfSEMCUser@SEMCHost#1
    Build number: 4.0.2.A.0.42

from what is red in the forums latest build of SuperOneClick v2.3.3 works with my Android version and build number is .42 so i can root it using this.

a little help on how to use it though might help, i saw videos but i want to also know what each of the other functions do,

so im kinda ready but still have questions, . . . . .

Question:
    1. well i searched the net but i can't seem to get a clear answer on what is "baseband version" is, it tells me it's the radio signal or something, do i also change that to??

2. can i have a Nandroid backup First then root??
    3. Rom is like the OS right? then what is the Kernel?? do i need to flash a kernel too??
    4. and i read many things that people need a stock firmware for their phone but in [UK] [US] , etc. how do i know mine (im in the philippines so i don't know much about those stuff)

5. what are the default folders when you do a Fresh Clean install of a new Rom,. . . . ~ i mean in windows Xp you get ,

Documents and Settings, Program Files, Windows.
    I just want to know cause i don't want extra folders and files i don't know

~ tnx in advance and to the helpful people here , always ready to help noobies like me :)

Advertisement

2. zizo396

zizo396 New Member

Sep 24, 2012
    i dont even know how to start ive heard many useful rooters like superoneclick and stuff like that but im a n00b and i would like help on this too