1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

getting ready to root my new driod

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hmarsh368, Feb 5, 2011.

1. hmarsh368

hmarsh368 Newbie

well anyway i got droid coming because of the price i needed some run Google voice so here is my list must haves and can some give instruction what i need to know before start rooting also i would like to know where to overclock to or if not at all
    stability is must as this will be used business phone
    Google voice is must so i do not have to go unlimited minutes
    wifi hot spot is must i can use it when traveling with my laptop

and thanks in advance for the help in advance

by the way that is the droid i got coming
    Motorola Droid A855 (Verizon) - eBay (item 250767318088 end time Feb-03-11 00:03:20 PST)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Wrarvoz

Wrarvoz Newbie

I used this guide myself, so I know it's a good one. As far as overclocking, I use chevyno1's ultra low voltage kernels, regardless of what ROM I'm using. I use the 1200 MHZ one. I personally wouldn't go much higher than that but you can always play around and see what works. Also, chevyno1's kernels are the only ones that have worked for wifi hotspots for me, again, I've heard it varies by phone so you might want to play around with it.

Rooting guide: http://www.droid-life.com/2010/09/0...frg22d-rooting-method-for-the-motorola-droid/

Chevyno1's site seems to be down at the moment, but it is: http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/froyo/kernels

3. hmarsh368

hmarsh368 Newbie

well i will check that out and thanks for the info and knowing that i probally back it off 1000 and i might give 1100 a try but it not worth 200mhz on the core speed to even take chance having the phone lock up at customers site when i work on computers for living i might evene slow more stabilty is my biggest worry

if anyone else has any suggestion let me know

4. Wrarvoz

Wrarvoz Newbie

Anywhere between 800-1200 Mhz works pretty well, and truthfully I don't notice a huge difference. It runs very stable and doesn't cause any problems so I just keep it cranked up. One word of advice, when you use SetCPU to figure out what speed you're going to run at, don't turn on the "set on boot" option until you know it runs stable.

5. defkorn

defkorn Android Enthusiast

Unless they've changed something, Google Voice will use your minutes. Using Google Voice to text does not use texts as it's sent as data.

6. hmarsh368

hmarsh368 Newbie

reply my phone will not take the sbf file on that link so that where i am stuck i can not get my phone to show in rsd lite even thought under the device manger its a855 and i am on frg83d and android verison 2.2.1

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews