• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting ready to sell Triumph

frdmspoplr

Jul 24, 2011
As many others have been doing lately, I also am getting ready to sell my Triumph and leave VM. In my case, I'm getting the Galaxy Note (just ordered it) and will be using it on Straight Talk. I have my phone on me 24/7 and just got tired of not having a completely reliable phone/service. I've really enjoyed being a part of this community and have appreciated all the work the devs put in. Wish I could have contributed more, but with every thing I've learned in my Android/rooting experience with the OV and MT I was able to give some little tips here and there, which I hope were helpful.

As a heads up, when I get around to it, once I get my Note all set up and play around with it to make sure it's all working right, I'll be posting this in the classifieds to give you guys first dibs on it before I put it on Craigslist or eBay, if you're looking to buy an extra or upgrade, along with a summary of the issues it has (fortunately nothing too major, pretty much just the basic QC issues everyone's had.)

I wish you all well as you continue on with VM and the Triumph, and I'll miss being a part of it.

This is why I'm starting to think that VM won't increase the prices or change the plans when the Evo V and WiMax hit. T-Mobile and Straight Talk are taking a lot of VM and Boost's customers. I think the WiMax move is intended to help stop that. I hope I'm right, I really want the Evo V and I don't want to give up my $25/month plan.

FYI, I'm planning to sell my triumph soon too. You can still get 200+ for it and I just don't see that price point lasting long once the One V and Evo V hit.

Upvote 0
Don't count on it. As I just stated in another thread they are forcing anyone who upgrades to a new phone on to a higher priced plan. So, if you were grandfathered on the $25 you will go to $35. I was always disappointed because my speeds were never anywhere even close to the 1M that was advertised but I kept them because it was cheap. Up my cost by a bill and I am going next door.

Upvote 0
This is why I'm starting to think that VM won't increase the prices or change the plans when the Evo V and WiMax hit. T-Mobile and Straight Talk are taking a lot of VM and Boost's customers. I think the WiMax move is intended to help stop that. I hope I'm right, I really want the Evo V and I don't want to give up my $25/month plan.

FYI, I'm planning to sell my triumph soon too. You can still get 200+ for it and I just don't see that price point lasting long once the One V and Evo V hit.
Yeah I'm thinking I'll have to unload it soon otherwise the value will plummet. Same thing happened with the OV so I just gave it to my brother as a poor man's iPod touch for Christmas.

Don't count on it. As I just stated in another thread they are forcing anyone who upgrades to a new phone on to a higher priced plan. So, if you were grandfathered on the $25 you will go to $35. I was always disappointed because my speeds were never anywhere even close to the 1M that was advertised but I kept them because it was cheap. Up my cost by a bill and I am going next door.
Yeah the $25 plan has been great but between the Triumph driving me crazy at times and the mostly dial up speeds that I get, its lost its appeal. The extra $20 for Straight Talk will be totally worth it for the 3-5 mbps that most everyone's getting.

Upvote 0

Yeah, just saw that. Honestly, I was more concerned about them doing the current rates along with an additional WiMax Fee (like sprint did with the Evo and Epic). However, them announcing this now makes me feel a little more comfortable that they won't. I'm okay with being pushed to $35. It's still cheaper that $45 on straight talk and 100 minutes with T-Mobile isn't enough for me. 300 is the sweet spot and $35 is good for me. I'm disappointed, but not surprised.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones