• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting rid of droid guy on phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude..some one owes me the 5 minutes it took to read this thread. Are you mental or something....you say you asked the question 4 times, but I also read the answer to your questions MORE than 4 times.

Until you asign a picture to the contact that is calling you, you will continue to see the picture of the Android logo. It is not R2D2...

if you are too lazy to do so then deal with it and stop acting like a little shit to people whom are trying to help you.

Upvote 0
I guess thats why they made Blackberrys. I have more than ten friends and I am not going to assign everyone's picture to my phone, get a life.

That snarky enough?

Your original post did NOT specify that you wanted to change the default icon for all contacts. When people gave you answers on how to change the icon for individual contacts, your response was uncalled for. Even if I knew the answer to your question, with an attitude like that, I wouldn't tell you the answer.

(And don't be surprised if anyone else doesn't, either).

I'm just sayin'...

Upvote 0
I guess thats why they made Blackberrys. I have more than ten friends and I am not going to assign everyone's picture to my phone, get a life.

That snarky enough?

Sorry for being Snarky back to you. I understood your question perfectly and I just think it's kind of funny that you didnt notice "R2D2" when you were in the store checking it out.
I hope you can find a way to change them easily.:)

"May the force be with you."

Upvote 0
Apeman,

Best i can tell no one has added any answer to my orginal question. I really have a hard time suffering fools, you are not included in that group.

I asked a simple question.

No one knows the answer.

So, so far, I have gotten nothing out of the forum. It is new, so I am not surprised, but the BS about reading the manual is above the pale.

I am not personally involded here, I just want to get rid of RD2D.

Still looking for an answer?

Upvote 0
Your original post did NOT specify that you wanted to change the default icon for all contacts. When people gave you answers on how to change the icon for individual contacts, your response was uncalled for. Even if I knew the answer to your question, with an attitude like that, I wouldn't tell you the answer.

I'm just sayin'...
I can't believe you wasted your first post on this person!!!!

Upvote 0
The fastest way that I can think of if you aren't patient would be if you have not yet taken any pics with your camera.

You could then just take a picture inside a dark room or something so you just have a simple black image. Then enter your contacts and one by one quickly do this:

• Select a Contact
  • Hit the Option button (three horizontal lines, next to the home button)
  • Click the gray square at the top of the contact details
  • Select the image you took.

It might take you a few minutes but if you just do that quickly you could at least get the icon changed from the Android OS mascot to something else.

From what I can tell there is no single setting which will change them all at once unless somebody made a downloadable app.

Upvote 0
Dude..some one owes me the 5 minutes it took to read this thread. Are you mental or something....you say you asked the question 4 times, but I also read the answer to your questions MORE than 4 times.

Until you asign a picture to the contact that is calling you, you will continue to see the picture of the Android logo. It is not R2D2...

if you are too lazy to do so then deal with it and stop acting like a little shit to people whom are trying to help you.

I'm just sayin'...
Thank you for agreeing.

But in the end, your original question was how do you chane the contact icon. We answered and you were quite rude. No, you can not change the default and if you don't like it you can return it.

Upvote 0
here is my original post, do you read english in Chicago??

OK, RD2D is old, how do I get rid of the stupid driod icon on my phone. Really 70's, really stupid.

Can I choose my own little icon, and not the stupid driod?

So pray tell, why would you think that I was not talking about the default icon?

Just Axing?

Upvote 0
jp8rk1.jpg

Upvote 0

OK, RD2D is old, how do I get rid of the stupid driod icon on my phone. Really 70's, really stupid.

So pray tell, why would you think that I was not talking about the default icon?

Just Axing?
While you are axing with your great english, can I axe you something? Did you try dropping it in some water while it's on? Please pray tell me.

Upvote 0
Apeman,

Best i can tell no one has added any answer to my orginal question. I really have a hard time suffering fools, you are not included in that group.

I asked a simple question.

No one knows the answer.

So, so far, I have gotten nothing out of the forum. It is new, so I am not surprised, but the BS about reading the manual is above the pale.

I am not personally involded here, I just want to get rid of RD2D.

Still looking for an answer?
We're working around the clock to get you an answer... Or not since you're very rude. You said it yourself; you're not 20 years old (if so the R2D2 should be right up your alley) so why are you asking us "fools" to help you with your problem? Read the instruction manual, I think that's why they include one with every phone. And if not try out the Motorola FAQ or the Android 2.0 Wiki.

Otherwise, like I said before... return it and get something that you can handle like the iPhone, a WinMo phone, a Blackberry, or a dumbphone.

Upvote 0

Just Axing?

Because your question is vague. You can get rid of the Droid in two ways:

1. Replacing each individual contact with an image - multiple people have told you how to do this.

2. Changing the actual default image (programmed into the operating system!) - multiple people have told you this is not possible.

Upvote 0
Because your question is vague. You can get rid of the Droid in two ways:

1. Replacing each individual contact with an image - multiple people have told you how to do this.

2. Changing the actual default image (programmed into the operating system!) - multiple people have told you this is not possible.
Number 2 might be possible in the future via flashing the ROM or rooting the phone.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones