1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Getting Rid Of Gingerbread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nigsy, May 21, 2011.

1. nigsy

nigsy Android Enthusiast

Is there a way to remove this Gingerbread update and go back to Froyo??

GB has destroyed the battery life on my phone as it keeps switching the wireless off flicking to 3g then back to wireless, constantly, I can't even manually turn anything off because the network settings are in a constant state of flux and greyed out either switching off or trying to connect -

I just want froyo back - help me please!!

The phone has gone from a 100% charge to zero and switch off in 6 hours!! with NO usage what so ever.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mitchturbo

Mitchturbo Well-Known Member

Why don't you turn mobile data and roming data off?
    Gingerbread Is the best thing to happen to the DHD

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Obviously not for some :p

OP, there's a guide for downgrading here and a load of custom ROMS etc here.

nigsy likes this.
  4. nigsy

nigsy Android Enthusiast

Read my post -

The setting for mobile network and wireless are constantly greyed out, because the are alternating between trying to connect and switch off, you can not turn either off.

GB is probably the best thing to happed to the HD, just not to mine!!

5. El Presidente

VIP Member

Before you try that, have you tried a factory reset? If you're resigned to losing data anyway, might be worth a shot?

6. bakili

bakili Member

I will also advice to reset device,
    after try this: Menu -> Settings -> Wireless & Network -> Wireless settings -> menu -> Advanced -> use static IP-adress
    Worked for me.

Spaceprobe and nigsy like this.
  7. BOZG

BOZG Member

Only do this if you know the network settings of all the WiFi points that you use otherwise you'll have to change the Static address for each individual WiFi point that you use. It's probably ok if you mainly use for your home WiFi connection or residential ones but if you use public WiFi points or workplace ones, you'll have difficulty connecting until you change the settings.

8. nigsy

nigsy Android Enthusiast

For anyone interested:

The problem seems to be a programme conflict with Green Power Lite. Even with the app switched off the problem remains...having removed the app has sorted the issue.

Thanks for all your replies.

9. BOZG

BOZG Member

Ah. Seems to be a lot of mixed responses to Green Power.

My Wifi connection worked fine with it but it kept interfering with my mobile network when I had it. Some people swear by it though.

10. El Presidente

VIP Member

I found Green Power to be ok until I manually changed the Wifi/3G status. It would give me some message about deactivating itself so I'd re-enable and I'd end up having to configure it again. I got annoyed after half a day or so and ended up uninstalling.

11. nigsy

nigsy Android Enthusiast

Nearly 48 hours after ny last post...battery still over 50%.....that's more like it.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews