• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Getting Rid Of The Lock Screen Question.

Justintoxicated

Android Enthusiast
Sep 2, 2010
Why would I want to do this?

Well if you use widget locker, and a security lock, Froyo Forces you to:

Unlock widget locker lock screen, then undo the lock screen, then enter your security code.

However with Android Eclair 2.1, there is an option to turn off the screen lock.

From my understanding, if you had the lock-screen disabled when you do the update, it will remain disabled after the OTA. However there is no longer any way to enable it because Google removed the option. As most people would find that bad, it should allow me to use widgetlocker, and a security lock without having to unlock the screen twice. Or of course, just use widget locker, as I have no intention of going back to the stock lock screen.

So From what I have read I only have one opportunity to do this, so I am disabling the lock-screen before the update!

The question remaining now is, if I SBF using the 2.2 later down the road, will I get the PITA lock screen back? It would be tempting to just stay on bootloader 2.1 if thats the case, but I do want the new radio, and assuming I never need to SBF, I could have my radio and be rid of the PITA lock screen.

I use No Lock from the market to disable the lock screen, that might help you. I used to have no lock before the 2.2 update and was annoyed when I lost the option to disable it with the update.

I tried this already, it either also stopped widget locker or prevents the security lock from functioning though. I can't remember which, I think it stopped the security lock from functioning.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones