1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Getting sick of virgin mobile! Other carrier recommendations?

Discussion in 'Virgin Mobile' started by xray45, Jun 2, 2011.

1. xray45

xray45 Lurker
    None

Feb 27, 2011
    Self Employed
    Pittsburgh Pa
    I've had virgin mobile off and on for about 4 years. I have always had billing issues with them. My month is up 6/2/2011 went to top up and as usual had to end up on the phone with them about five different times.
    Over charges, crediting account, can't use balance for monthly bill ect.
    I'm really tired of it. Anybody else have issues like this?
    What other prepaid carriers does everbody recommend?
    Thanks, had to rant a bit, just spent almost 2 hours on the phone.

Advertisement

2. zerogravity107

None

Jun 4, 2011
    I'm considering switching back to VM entirely (I have a contract on Verizon currently) and I mean, VZW is straightforward and I haven't had any issues like that. Service is good and phone selection is pretty good as well. I just don't want to spend $80+ per month for an Android phone.

How do you encounter billing issues with a prepaid?

3. xray45

xray45 Lurker
    None

Feb 27, 2011
    Self Employed
    Pittsburgh Pa
    Maybe billing was a bad choice of words. Everytime I go to pay my bill for phone service I get a "there was a problem with your payment" which always leads to calling customer service. The last time I paid wihtout any flaws (I thought) then my bill came over and I was billed twice for the same month. Another call, they credited my account for the rest of the money. I went to use that money to pay for my account and again problems and phone calls.
    Never had a problem with phones or calling just the payment process is always just a hassle for me and getting tires of making calls to them every month.

4. harvickchick

harvickchick Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    Female
    Kernersville, NC
    The way I look at it, even if you have to call customer service once a month, isn't it still worth the 5-10 minutes of your time for the insane amounts of money you save?

5. Eddieb12

Eddieb12 Lurker
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    I just switched from Cricket to Virgin Mobile.Have set up auto payment with them.It's only been 2 weeks so don't know if I'll have a problem.

6. Kannudo

Kannudo Lurker
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    My boyfriend and I have both had VM phones/service for more than a year now and neither of us has had the problems you are describing... We use our ATM cards to top-up every month by going to the VM website on our computers and auto-pay is set to off... I love being able to have an android phone without being forced into having a contract!

7. gpz828

gpz828 Member
    None

Oct 23, 2010
    i buy top up card from radio shack and top up to my account, then i restart my month plan on the night before the due date and have no issue.

8. Evo 5oh

Evo 5oh Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 1, 2010
    Sprint....Im tired of carriers limiting unlimited data plans to like 2GB and stuff...sprint dont have it

9. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL
    Id be interested in knowing if some of these account issues would be resolved by having VM completely delete the account and let the end user recreate it again.

10. 0ptimusV

0ptimusV Member
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    appliance tech
    CA.
    Boost mobile was great never had a peoblem reloading my phone I just switched because I wanted a android. Check out the samsung preail

11. akashvani

akashvani Lurker
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    IT
    US
    I ordered Optimus V yesterday and will be switching to VM after I test the phone and the signal strength etc before activating. So far I hear good things about the phone and VM in general. I just want to switch to Android and also get on mobile application development.
    Currently use T-Mobile pre-paid. No data plan. Used, ahem, a Nokia 5800XM. Yeah, not exactly a sexy phone, but very functional. After dropping it many times it finally stopped working. This remonds me to buy a strong case for the Optimus :)
    Never understood why anyone would pay $80+ for a cell phone service. VM seems good deal for $25.
    IMO, unless the billing issues are really bad, VM seems a good deal.