1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Getting SMS with foreign SIM

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Augeydoggy, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Augeydoggy

Augeydoggy Lurker

I am in SE Asia, and put a local sim in my Verizon LG V10 as wifi is very spotty. I set up Google Voice (now via Hangouts) so my US number is forwarded to Voice. Sometimes it works, i.e. message here and there has made it thru, but mostly it doesn't. As a result it was hell to reconnect to Google, and I can't get to my Line account because it wants to send me a text (the Google pin was one that slipped through). Same problem trying to setup Verizon Messages+.

Any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. driz

driz Newbie

Weleome to my world. I am temporarily in Germany and am trying to get rid of that verizon pin to email requirement every single time I sign on . Naturally verizon is useless at best with no way to get at them. I got busted out of my email so am unable to get in now. To make it better my old laptop lost it's (see) key, oh yea, and naturally there is no way to plug my quasi useless Ipad into an internet sti k. Aint life grand! And I agree fully Verizons new texting app purely SU KS. See now you aren't alone in the world of Verizon POO.

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I understand Google Voice is a United States only service, if it's usable or not in Asia, have no idea. Presumably it's working over the Internet and not via Verizon or whatever. "SE Asia" are you in mainland China at all? If so, there's definitely no Google anything, nor Verizon either.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Google Voice doesn't work outside US AFAIK, so there's really no point trying to make it work.

5. Augeydoggy

Augeydoggy Lurker

My understanding is that with the integration of Voice and Hangouts, you can use your Voice number to receive SMS via Hangouts, picking it up via Wifi.