1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Getting Started Questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by the_nomad, Aug 8, 2013.

1. the_nomad

the_nomad Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2013
    Male
    Bangalore, India
    Hi All,

I just started using a Galaxy Note 2. It comes with 16 GB internal memory and I've put in a MicroSD card for additional storage.

From the file explorer, I've changed the music, videos, documents and home folders to folders on the memory card. A couple of questions though...

<< I am not really comfortable about rooting the device, so all of the questions below are for an un-rooted phone.. >>

1. When changing images to the memory card, the phone displayed a message saying that "Burst" photos would still be saved to the internal memory, while single click photos will be saved to the external memory card. Is there anyway to configure the phone so that the "Burst" photos would also go into the external storage, rather than hogging space on the internal storage?

2. I see a \Whatsapp folder which is storing all my Whatsapp messages in the database, plus the media I receive through Whatsapp. This is on the internal storage. Anyway we can force Whatsapp to store all of this on the external memory card?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Advertisement

2. Carbon_Droid

Carbon_Droid Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2013
    Male
    New Hampshire
    1. This makes sense why it would do that. It's a burst shot, many taken st once. Typically SD cards aren't very fast, so this is probably why it won't let you put it on external simply because it takes tons of photos within a short period of time.
    2. No, I don't believe that's possible on the note 2. I don't use the app, but I'm pretty sure you can't do that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

3. the_nomad

the_nomad Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2013
    Male
    Bangalore, India
    Thanks Carbon.. 1. makes sense. It's a pity there's all that storage that can't really be used for applications and app data. Rooting the device allows you to do that, coz then you can fool the device into making it think the external memory is actually the inbuilt memory or some thing like that.. well, there's 16 GB, so it should not be such a big hassle..