• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Getting started with Android :)

ahlmo

Lurker
Dec 5, 2009
Hello all.

I am new on android, and this forum.
I will just say, nice forum.

I am new as developing Java/Android, so i hope i can get started here.

My first question is: What android phone would be great to buy?
I have looked at Htc Hero and Htc Tatoo, but u are welcome to recommend your phone :)

My second question is: I can see Java and Android coding is not "totally" the same?

Is there any who know some good books for learning this beatifull language, so i can code Android :)

Hope to see some good answers. :)

I'd recommend getting a cheaper Android book to learn the basics and use the online Android javadoc to fill in the gaps. And the net has tons of samples. The android devleopers page (above) also has detailed steps for setting up Eclipse and the Android SDK.

I picked up the Motorola Droid for $200. The HTC touch was also available for $100. The Droid has a flip-out keyboard which is well worth the $100 to me. But you have to decide for yourself.

Hello all.

I am new on android, and this forum.
I will just say, nice forum.

I am new as developing Java/Android, so i hope i can get started here.

My first question is: What android phone would be great to buy?
I have looked at Htc Hero and Htc Tatoo, but u are welcome to recommend your phone :)

My second question is: I can see Java and Android coding is not "totally" the same?

Is there any who know some good books for learning this beatifull language, so i can code Android :)

Hope to see some good answers. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones