• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Getting that bloatware off!!

Here's the list I trashed:

Facebook.apk
Sprint_NASCAR.apk
Sprint_NFL.apk
Sprint_Navigation.apk
Sprint_Promotion.apk
Sprint_Qik.apk
amazonmp3.apk

Yeah - I kept Sprint TV and used it to keep up on the World Cup at my desk - and I just don't give a lick about Facebook or the Amazon MP3 store - not one lick.

Personally, I think Facebook is simply a malware vector, but with 500 million users and a projected 1 BBBBillion by the end of the year, what do I know?

And by the way - yes, so far as I know - this requires root. I recommend full root with nand access.

When someone tells me they've used unrEVOked I too-often assume that they followed that method to root.

I don't know that unrEVOked alone will do that for you.

Anyway - at some point, I'll probably tear out more if I decide to stay with the stock rooted rom. For now, I'm just happy to task clean away Footprints, Friend Stream and Peep. For now.

PS - You really want to look at the all things root area at the top our forum and follow your nose from there to the XDA dev site. That's where all of your root questions really get answered.

If anyone's using a Mac and needs tips how to translate the Windows instructions to root, let me know.

Hey bro, for some reason it wont let me uninstall the amazon mp3 store. Its calling it a system app. What do I do?

snap20100916_182431.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones