• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting the 1.6 update OTA

Disclaimer:
- This is old sh#t since FEB, but hope it will help some newbies. (Apparently it doesn't work for everyone, otherwise everybody would have done it already)
- This worked for me (as well as for the original poster of the method, who's apparently just another newbie who posts old sh#t as if it is an innovative idea), and will not necessarily work for everyone. It is NOT an innovative idea, just a method I tried that actually worked for me (as opposed to waiting for the past week or so, and receiving no update)!

- Not sure what would happen if you try this and Twiz is not running (I had stock 1.5 w/Twiz)
- Sorry for the repost (I posted this as a reply in another thread, but thought it's important enough to have its own thread), and for bothering some people with this old sh#t and with giving them the impression I feel this is an innovative idea.
- I've lost track of the progress on the OTA 1.6 rom, so this could be redundant for some people.
- One more disclaimer: if you've read all these disclaimers, and still feel the urge to make jackass comments, go right ahead!

That said, if you haven't received the update yet, try the following:
- dowload the application "Any Cut" by Jeff Hamilton
- after it is installed, long press on an empty area of your home screen, then select Shortcut -> Any Cut -> Activity -> Device Management
- Click the OK button to add the shortcut to your home screen
- Tap the icon to get in to device management
- Click "1. Start DM"
- Wait.... (try not to do anything with your phone) then follow on screen instructions to install the update.

NOTES:
- I was in an Edge area, and it took forever to do anything! So I went into an area with 3g coverage, and tried it again. (Not sure if it won't work on edge, or it is just slow. Haven't tried Wi-fi either).
- The phone got very slow and unresponsive while it was checking for updates. The 3g activity icon was lighted (red) all the time.

I did this and must have connected more than a hundred times... still no 1.6 :-(

I wonder as to how many people actually have the Behold 2 for my phone to not get any upgrade at this period. Guess will have to keep waiting or sell it now.

u r wasting your time, sell/trade or throw that pos away. get a better phone.
i've switch to HTC HD2 and i love it. But if u guys decided to stick with this bs phone, i wish all good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones