• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting the Razr because its here now?

ah cool. congrats :)

You are a normal person but beware these forums will ruin you :)

Welcome!

Thanks. To say the least I've learned a LOT from reading what everyone has posted. I'm taking the various viewpoints the same way I take the newspapers I read...I read those that lean liberal and those that lean conservative and figure the truth is somewhere in between.

Upvote 0
I waited to put myself on RAZR's preorder list while shopping for the Bionic...
When I'd gotten the original Droid, it was already 4 months past release (ancient by smartphone standards). I may recall 6 good months before it became slow and force close-y on me. I longed for the day it could be replaced, and ended up replacing it 3 days before the 1-year warranty expired due to hardware malfunction... with a refurb. It was like exchanging my poop for someone else's diarrhea...
Anyhow, the way I figure it is: I'd essentially bought an old phone, and they only get worse. I did some research and decided to at least get something top-tier on day 1 and hopefully minimize my mean-time-between-failures. The fact that it'll be better than my Droid will make me happy enough, but I'm not waiting for strike 3 before I jump ship to another brand, carrier, or even to Apple if I can't have a decent year-old Moto.
And I only care about ICS when a guy in an ice cream truck hands me one...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones