1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Getting the X2 tomorrow! (What are some essential accesories & apps?)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by maj, Jul 28, 2011.

1. maj

maj Newbie
    None

Jan 13, 2010
    Hello everyone, I'm finally getting my Droid X2 tomorrow and I'm really excited. Seems like a truly awesome phone. But I did have a few questions.

1) what would you all consider some essential apps that I should look into right away?

2) What are some good screen protectors for this phone? I've tried those "Invisishield"(sp) ones before on phones and they were way too rubbery. I'm looking for something high in quality and smooth.

Also what would be some cases that anyone would recommend? Currently i'm looking into this one:
    Amazon.com: Seidio CSR6MTDX-BK ACTIVE Case for Motorola Droid X/Droid X 2 - 1 Pack - Case - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Any help/tips/or tricks will be greatly appreciated. I'm really looking forward to this phone and using it to it's fullest potential.

Advertisement

2. ABRMess006

ABRMess006 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 30, 2010
    Londonderry, NH
    As far as apps go, there are tons and tons to be able to customize to whatever you like. Me personally, some of the first ones I grabbed is Clockr and Battstatt for my main screen, just keeps things minimalistic and clean. Other than that until we get a solid root, I m not even gonna mess around with LPP or anything like that because I am just going to end up changing it at soon anyway.

For the case, I have that same exact one and I love it, not too big, not too small, and plenty of protection for basic use, will definitely save you from those accidental drops for sure. Screen protectors, I have only had experience with the Invisishield from the mall kiosks or whatever it's called. I loved it and it is definitely amazing protection but like you said with the rubbery look, it did take me some time to get used to it, but I would rather have a weird look (with the screen off only really) than have a hacked up screen.

maj likes this.
  3. maj

maj Newbie
    None

Jan 13, 2010
    Thanks for your input, i'll be sure to check out those apps. Especially because I also like to keep everything minimalistic and as clean as possible. And that case does seem perfect so i'm probably gonna pick it up.

A little hesitant to go back to that specific screen protector, but I cant lie, it really did get the job done. I never worried about scratches with it on there.

4. trophynuts

trophynuts Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
    DROID X 2 - Motorola - Cell Phones

i promise you once you use one of those screen protectors you will never use another one. No wetting involved.

also the windshield mount is awesome for the DX1/2 i use mine as a primary NAV system all the time. It works great.

maj likes this.