1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Getting theme changer for my H7100

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by moarmann, Jul 5, 2013.

1. moarmann

moarmann Newbie

I already have my H7100 rooted. I used a ROM for it called "Hardmaster" (Sorry, I can't submit links yet).

I can't seem to find any other ROMs for my device that have the theme changer feature. Would I be able to use a different ROM, or are they device-specific? How difficult would it be to add the theme changer to my current ROM?

Thank you for any help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

funkylogik likes this.
  3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

I dont think you can just add a theme changer, think it would have to be included in the rom (CM, AOKP) i could be wrong though :thumbup:

LilBit likes this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

ROMs are definitely device-specific.

I don't know in detail what support the theme changer requires, so can't really advise on how easy it is to port. It isn't just a matter of dropping the theme changer app into /system though - at the very least your framework-res and I expect SystemUI will need to support it.

Of course if you know what you are doing you can replace the graphics in those two apks I named above, but the theme changer is a lot more convenient! The UOT kitchen site can be used for theming a lot of ROMs too (though not all of its mods work on all screen resolutions - I just had a look). Just remember that if you are tempted to try a do it yourself change like these, take a nandroid backup before making any changes (my very first bootloop was when I tried a simple theming change and got it slightly wrong ;)).

funkylogik and LilBit like this.
  5. moarmann

moarmann Newbie

I thought it was a clone of the note 2. Oh well. Just curious, what makes ROMs device specific? What would happen if I tried using one meant for the galaxy s3 or note 2? Would my phone just brick?

How hard would it be to make a ROM for myself? I'm assuming it's pretty complicated.

Edit: Hardon, I'll look into that. It doesn't sound too out of my league.

6. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

Well, Your right, But google is showing me conflicting results on it. Says it is a clone on both. :thinking:

You will probably brick the phone using a Rom not designed for it.:(

The 5th result says Galaxy S3 Clone, All the others say NoteII Clone
    https://www.google.com/search?q=H71...0&aqs=chrome.0.69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

7. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

What firmware did the phone run when you bought it? Was it samsung firmware or something completely different? Did it have any of the Touchwiz special features?

8. moarmann

moarmann Newbie

I have no idea, when it booted it just said android and had this circular thing around it. I think it was completely different.

9. moarmann

moarmann Newbie

Alright, I think I will be satisfied with the UOT kitchen, except I am at a loss when it comes to uploading the required files. What ROM zip are they talking about? My ROM came in a .rar file and it is nowhere near the same format that they are asking for. Is there a way to just make a zip of my current ROM, or am I missing something?

10. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

If you can extract copies of the apks it needs and upload those it should work.

You have a custom recovery to install zips, right? I'm not at all familiar with this device.