• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

getting this phone and want to use my old virgin mobile phone number

i saw this prepaid phone on walmart.com and i wanted it and i was wondering if i can move my virgin mobile phone number to this Tmobile phone?
and do i have to have this to activate the phone? T-Mobile No Annual Contract Activation Kit: Cell Phones : Walmart.com

Hi Devin. :hello:

Since this is more a T-Mobile question I moved it to that forum. Yes, you can port your VM phone number over to T-Mobile. It looks like if you buy this phone, it already comes with the sim card and then Walmart will email you the activation code. So you wouldn't need to buy that other kit in your link separately.

Upvote 0
Any difference between the two? I am thinking of doing the same, with the web only Monthly4G plan...

I myself activated the phone first with a new phone number because I wanted to make sure I like the phone enough to keep it. If you decide to port it during activation, your old account will be cancelled immediately so it's more of a hassle if you want to go back to the old account. Also if the porting process takes awhile (like from VM to TMo prepaid) then you can't use the new phone for phone/data until porting completes. I don't know if the phone number ports faster if you do it at the same time as you activate the phone, but somehow I doubt it'll be faster.

Reactions: namartlu
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones